Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Jul 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Will be visiting the Haines on in April (because we will get there!). Sampled Ovation - excellent fodder there

Giovanni's Pizza is also worth a visit. They are on the same row of eateries as Ovation.

Can't beat a bit of Cracker Barrel though
I'll see your Haines City in April and raise you by Haines City in November - maybe just before we have Thanksgiving turkey in Bob Evans.

Also got quite a few new ones to catch up on near Rolling Oaks according to DonnaD

Looks like j2 off the 417 rather than j3 from MCO to check 192 out for changes since Nov 2019.

Have you had the loaded hash browns for breakfast at CB? The only thing they don't understand in CB is "Hold the grits"

Mick
Old 28 Jul 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I'll see your Haines City in April and raise you by Haines City in November - maybe just before we have Thanksgiving turkey in Bob Evans.

Also got quite a few new ones to catch up on near Rolling Oaks according to DonnaD

Looks like j2 off the 417 rather than j3 from MCO to check 192 out for changes since Nov 2019.

Have you had the loaded hash browns for breakfast at CB? The only thing they don't understand in CB is "Hold the grits"

Mick
I think when we (finally) get there it will be surprising how things have changed in just a couple of years.

Grits nasty stuff, awful, terrible! First experienced in NYC and I'm scarred for life. I was warned by the missus not to go for it but hey ho, you live and learn.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Mick
Ooooooh, that's exciting, I'm off to have a look!

I don't know what I'm having for tea tonight, but it's important I know what I'll be having when I next get across the pond
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Ooooooh, that's exciting, I'm off to have a look!

I don't know what I'm having for tea tonight, but it's important I know what I'll be having when I next get across the pond
Jo

There's been quite a bit of new build where Black Lake Road meets 192 opposite H2O water park. Donna certainly mentioned a new fish/seafood place. There's also loads in Sunset Walk which we've only driven through.

I don't want to tempt fate but my glass went marginally up from 50% to 60%.

Mick
Old 28 Jul 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Jo

There's been quite a bit of new build where Black Lake Road meets 192 opposite H2O water park. Donna certainly mentioned a new fish/seafood plaice. There's also loads in Sunset Walk which we've only driven through.

I don't want to tempt fate but my glass went marginally up from 50% to 60%.

Mick
Fixed it
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

As Mick had mentioned there are far too many new places to worry about Manny's
Old 28 Jul 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
As Mick had mentioned there are far too many new places to worry about Manny's
Is this as a result of old places shutting or actual new places popping up as well as all the usual haunts?

Hopefully they will soon benefit from some UK visitors!
Old 28 Jul 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Is this as a result of old places shutting or actual new places popping up as well as all the usual haunts?

Hopefully they will soon benefit from some UK visitors!
Mostly completely new places. There has been loads of buildings going up. TBH I don't think the restaurants are suffering from a lack of British tourists. They are very busy at the moment and are short of staff not customers.
Old 28 Jul 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

I recommend hash house a go go, i had the 18ounce hand hammered pork like man v food eaten...its fricking unreal !
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List