Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 21, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

I'm booked for the 13th September travelling alone just me, my 3 yr old, 12 and 14 yr old for the first time without my partner. I was already nervous and even more so at the thought of one of us testing positive while there and not being able to get back straight away. O would def feel more relaxed at that prospect if my partner was with me. The cases there are worrying me but I always planned on still wearing masks when near crowds indoors etc. I also have the 21st October booked as a back up and would prob rather that one went ahead rather than my september one tbh but then who knows what could happen then with the winter wave. I dont know its all so stressful
Old 29 Jul 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

We would still go, assuming HHN is all good. Double jabbed, and our cases are rubbish but improving too, sure Florida will follow the same pattern. Also have a backup in October! Lots of news floating round at the minute but all from our side of the pond... 🤞
Old 29 Jul 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
August is a big month, it took 2 weeks for U.K. to peak based on delta and that included the euros’s and further unlocking. It took scotland even less time.

I would wager by the time anyone in September goes out (if they can) the cases although they might still be high, will be on a downward trajectory.

USA doing very little to mitigate the spread (although getting there now) which means delta should rip through but then burn out quite quickly.

Expecting first week of septembers flights to be cancelled this weekend.

We really need the flight cancellation lead time to reduce to 3 weeks and hopefully once cases have peaked there’s some news about a date for restarting travel from early/mid September of we’ll quickly lose September too.
Will the first week of Septembers flights be cancelled by virgin and ba
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We’re due to fly the 20th , was always we will be on that plane by hook or by crook, but now it’s getting closer , worried about the testing , especially the flying home if we tested positive neither of us could take additional time off work , and we have dogs at home with sitters whilst away .
With the masks being reintroduced , another factor , as I’m exempt over here from wearing one .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
The Virgin and BA cancellation threads seem to be the best way to keep up to date so might be worth a look or subscribe to them.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Going on the trends it’s this Friday afternoon/early evening the virgin ones up to 6th September will go off sale. Not sure on BA, they tend to lag that a few days.

If this doesn’t happen that will be good news which ever way you look at it. They might have some insider knowledge on possible reopening or are just cutting down the cancellation lead times.

I wouldn’t expect anything before the 13th September to go but it’s been a big week for U.K. in terms of case numbers and relations with the USA, we are letting US people not have to quarantine based on a easily forgable slip of paper they got at Walgreens, we wouldn't do that unless it was one of the conditions from the US to facilitate reopening, ie reciprocation.

It feels like we’re closer than ever, in a week or so’s time US will hit 70% first doses and hopefully cases will have at least hit a plateau.

Edited at 11:17 AM.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

We are due to fly out on 6th September, still holding out hope that we may be allowed in to the US. DH very apprehensive about going as Florida's Covid rates are increasing and watching Disney park Vlogs the crowds are immense and not much social distancing, so he is now reluctant to go. Me & DD still want to go, all 3 of us are double vaccinated.

I'm now more concerned about our trip to The Dominican Republic in November, still on the red list and when logging on to my Tui Booking i'm unable to pay the next deposit which was due on Tuesday.. Balance is due September... just can't see that one going ahead and wish I could chnge destinations and go to Jamaica instead.
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We're still more than happy to go if we can. Masks are annoying in the heat but we're not concerned about wearing them - we still wear them here whenever we go inside public places. We felt comfortable on the London tubes and in a fully booked theatre last week. We're both post covid, and are double double jabbed (Novavax and AZ) and are taking no children with us if that makes a difference.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

We are the 15th , we have always said if the plane goes we will be on it we are 5 adults all double vaccinated and in Scotland so still having to wear masks here anyway indoors, indoors with them over there to me won’t be as bad because it’s usually well air conditioned and cool so not like in the shops here where it is stifling hot and can’t breathe with them ! Insurance would cover us if we test positive before coming back but our main concern is that our sons and one fiancé are all in new jobs so they will have to see what can be done there , I’m more concerned about getting cancelled and then the borders opening as we don’t have a back up booking xxx
Oh! And just remembered after reading someone else’s post my balance is due by 4th August 🤦🏻 I’m so wrapped up in the borders opening can you imagine if I forgot to pay 😂 reminder on my phone now for the 3rd 😂

Edited at 01:42 PM.
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

We are due to fly the 30th September if the flight goes then we will all be on it, We have all been double jabbed and have no problem wearing a mask just need to get to the villa and relax by the pool in the sunshine going to the parks will be a bonus.
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List