Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Booking for an unborn infant - any experience?

We are going to book our Disney hotel portion of our holiday for next August in the coming days and was wondering if anyone had any experience with making a booking with an unborn infant. They require DOB and name etc and as this is currently TBC I'm assuming we just book without and can amend the booking to add the infant once they are born for no extra cost? We are planning to stay in a standard view room at Pop Century, I assume there wont be any issue in adding an infant to this room along with 2 adults and 2 children?

Were also going to be booking our flights in the next few months once they are available with BA, would it be the same process, simply add the infant to the booking at a later date once all the details are known etc?
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

For non-flight Disney packages, leave the baby off the initial booking and call to add them on after they're born. No issues. An infant doesn't count towards capacity limits, so you'll be fine booking Pop or any other sleeps 4 room.

I'll leave someone else to answer about flights. But since they won't be using a seat, I would assume the same applies.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
ive done this twice for flights. We always book them their own seat so they have always booked it as baby surname for us then once they were born i rang and updated name and dob no bother at all. If no seat required and travelling on lap they just say they will add it on after birth.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

That's great both points answered. We wont be booking them a seat so will just amend after booking. Just really hope we get the front seats with the pull down cot area.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theriler View Post
That's great both points answered. We wont be booking them a seat so will just amend after booking. Just really hope we get the front seats with the pull down cot area.
When baby is born and you ring up to add them to your booking ask at that point if they could request/book the bassinet position.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
We didn't book a seat for any of our grandchildren but we did let the airline know when booking that there would be an infant travelling. When baby was born we were just to call up and let them know the date of birth and name.
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

As above re flights I was told to get it noted at time of booking that a baby would be added. That way the taxes are calculated on the actual flight price you paid rather than the price of the flight when baby is born. Hope that makes sense.
Old 30 Jul 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We have booked for next May and are due next month...

We booked with VH at the time and asked the qs about booking. They stated to phone when little one is here and this will be added to the booking.

Since booking the VH package has doubled and we got the flights cheaper than direct with VS.

Would the infant price be at 10% of the current prices (or when added to booking) or as per the original booked prices?

I remember checking at the time and the difference between 2 adults 1 child, and 2 adults and 2 children (1 lap) was about GB£ 250-300... but it doesn't give me the option anymore on VH to choose the latter combination.

Thanks

Edited at 04:07 PM.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List