Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Jul 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
Sorry I'm late to this, just want to check one bit of detail: the picture it puts in your head is there you are at the hotel taking your LFT, its positive and then an ambulance zooms round the corner and carries you away.

How would this happen?

Most of these LFTs are not done live over video are they?

If we got a positive LFT result we would lay our plans before notifying the authorities. I'm only talking minutes or hours but we would get certain things sorted.

Just curious?
Yeah I just copied it off the Facebook post

My understanding is the lft is done in the hotel which is the case at the hotel we are going to and then maybe it is their duty to notify the authorities if worse case scenario one of you tests positive
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Yeah I just copied it off the Facebook post

My understanding is the lft is done in the hotel which is the case at the hotel we are going to and then maybe it is their duty to notify the authorities if worse case scenario one of you tests positive
We'll be in a villa if we go.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

It sounds like there are a real mix of experiences
Someone has posted to say some lads arriving in Rhodes tested positive on arrival and are in a great 5star hotel and the service has been great
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Looks like there was an update yesterday on the FCDO website on this gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...ce/coronavirus
Old 29 Jul 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just done our pre return LFTs - all negative thank goodness! Chatting to a lady in our hotel and she was telling a story of how the LFTs locally cost 20euros - or you can pay 40 euros for a negative one! Now I have no idea if this is true or not so don’t shoot the messenger! I brought a few of the nhs LFTs with me to do before my official one - not that it would change the result but I just felt a bit less worried waiting for the result on the official one 😂
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Where was that?

I'm not at all one for breaking the law, but blimey in those dire circumstances I think I wouldn't mind knowing about £40 negative tests.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Themousefamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by linnite View Post
Where was that?

I'm not at all one for breaking the law, but blimey in those dire circumstances I think I wouldn't mind knowing about £40 negative tests.
Well I am in Kalamaki, zakynthos but I don’t know anything other than that. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was true though. I’ve heard plenty of chatter this last week from people saying there was no way they were doing the tests properly and risking quarantine here. It’s a bit like paying ‘lip service’ 😬
Themousefamily is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Due to holiday in Greece (Halkidiki) early Sept - still havent decided what to do yet. Balance is due mid Aug.
Old 29 Jul 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Themousefamily View Post
Just done our pre return LFTs - all negative thank goodness! Chatting to a lady in our hotel and she was telling a story of how the LFTs locally cost 20euros - or you can pay 40 euros for a negative one! Now I have no idea if this is true or not so don’t shoot the messenger! I brought a few of the nhs LFTs with me to do before my official one - not that it would change the result but I just felt a bit less worried waiting for the result on the official one 😂
Am "liking" this because I agree with the comfort blanket of knowing If you are negative while you wait for the official one.

Am not liking the feedback on the 40 for a negative one. I sincerely hope that is speculation and rumour 😞

Enjoy the rest of your trip. Love Kalamaki - especially the Ambrosia. Lovely lamb and fish 😋
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I may have missed this on another thread, so apologies if that’s the case.

I was wondering if you can come in to the Uk from the EU from next week without quarantining, how can they move Greece or any other European country to amber plus? I know France is still amber plus, it seems a bit pointless announcing this week that the rest of the EU can come in quarantine free and then add countries to amber plus? Sorry I’m waffling and now I come to think of it, nothing in this whole pandemic has made sense, so why would our government start doing it now? I suppose I’m just hoping to get my holiday!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List