Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 30 Jul 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Belfast

Hi, missing our little city breaks so was thinking of maybe a few nights in Belfast, cheap easyJet flight or possibly Aer Lingus
any recommendations what to do, where to do eat/drink etc
Quite happy with premier inn, as I see they have 3, anyone stayed in any or know the best area, also thinking more likely to go midweek so will it be busy enough and things be open
Thanks in advance
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

food thread here with ideas on hotels/eats etc

we stayed in the premier inn cathedral qtr

great place for a break

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1198633
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Belfast is a great wee city, the people are very friendly and welcoming.

Our daughter attends university there so we pop over 3 or 4 times a year for short breaks. We mostly stay near the city centre as it’s handy for eating out, shopping etc. There are a great range of hotels, something for every budget.

It’s a lovely city to wander round with lots to see, lots of art and sculptures. The botanic gardens are nice and Queens University itself is quite impressive to see, there is also a historic covered market which is a good visit too. There are wee side streets/lanes with great traditional pubs and bars tucked away in them to explore.
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Titanic Museum is great and Ulster Museum is also worth a look (near Botanic Gardens).
St George's market is on at weekends and sometimes there are other things happening near Custom Square.
For restaurants I like Chubby Cherub, Buba, Home, the Lantern, Pizza Punks, AM/PM and Kitchen Bar for good pub food. Howard Street is also nice and a bit more upmarket.
Cathedral quarter is a good choice, I haven't stayed in a hotel in Belfast but Premier Inn usually a decent choice.
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

We stayed at the premier inn Belfast city centre on Alfred street and we liked it there for a location. It was within a good walking distance of a few nice restaurants and the shops.

We really enjoyed the titanic museum while we were there and we also did the Christmas markets as we went in December!

We loved it in Belfast, we would go again!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I’ve booked, so looking forward to it
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Just joining this thread as we are heading out at the start of September . Sorry for hijacking but I wonder what recommendations people have for getting to giants causeway without having a car? Any tours people would recommend. We are also massive game of thrones fans so would love to go and see some places but I guess we may be hamstrung by not driving.
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

There are tours to Giants Causeway from Belfast city centre and at least one that combines it with a Game of Thrones tour, I think it stops at Carrick Castle, Dark Hedges and some other relevant spots near the Giants Causeway.
I'm not a GOF fan but I've seen people getting on the coaches with cloaks and furry headgear on so dressing up might be an option!
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
I did a coach trip to Giants Causeway from the City Centre - bought a combined ticket that included the HO-HO bus.
Even though there was a separate Game Of Thrones tour, we still covered a few GOT locations that meant absolutely nothing to me as I hadn't seen a single episode 😅
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
lisa12000___
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ginwithaslice View Post
There are tours to Giants Causeway from Belfast city centre and at least one that combines it with a Game of Thrones tour, I think it stops at Carrick Castle, Dark Hedges and some other relevant spots near the Giants Causeway.
I'm not a GOF fan but I've seen people getting on the coaches with cloaks and furry headgear on so dressing up might be an option!
Haha I don’t think I’ll go as far as the dress up lol! I’d look a right sight
lisa12000___ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List