Notices

Old 30 Jul 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Loving the updates! Please keep them coming!
Old 30 Jul 21, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Cocktail Tally Day 2 = 7 rather than stopping play the rain helped the Cocktail challenge 😀

We went back to our rooms to shower and change for dinner. Mum and Dad had both had a nap and suggested suggested meet in the lobby bar at 7.45pm.

Max was not happy 😞 as he was starving. No idea how he's hungry as I don't think I'll be hungry again until we go home 😉

We went to the Sport's Bar as they serve pop corn as a snack and of course we ordered cocktails. It was a bit chilly in the Sport's bar so we left Max eating his popcorn🍿 and watching the football.

We went back to the lobby.

Miami Vice, this was slushy, red, white and blue colours, but they had all merged into one by the time we got to the table.

It was OK, but not one of my favourites

We pushed on through and ordered our next cocktail just as Mum and Dad arrived.

Mojitos, these were delicious.

So we've had 13 cocktails so far, with 15 to go to complete the job. Perhaps 2 days, maybe 3 days. We had 1 the first night, 5 the next day, then 7 yesterday. If we maintain that pace then 2 days should be achievable.

Dinner

The RIU app is useful, but not entirely accurate. It said the Steakhouse was closed and it was clearly open. Tui said some of the restaurants needed booking in advance so we asked at reception if we could book the Steakhouse up for Friday night, but they said there is no booking it's just first come, first served.

We decided to try our luck with the Steakhouse. There were no free tables and 46 people on the waiting list for tonight. So we decided to go elsewhere!

Back to the main buffet restaurant. This turned out to be an excellent choice as the special theme tonight was Mexican. They still served all the usual buffet dinner options but one area is set up for a special theme.

Max quickly found the chips! He also had beef wrapped in bacon and chicken.

I knew as soon as I told Dad about the beef wrapped in bacon he would want to try that.

We also all had lots of the Mexican options. There were Tacos, burritos, fajitas, all the sides and toppings. I loved it.

Lots of different options for desserts. Max really liked the ice cream.

I opted for cheese. There's no way Max can provide us with entertainment at the buffet as we point out what we want and are served it so the plates are always piled high.

After dinner we went to see what the entertainment was tonight. It was a live band who played lots of reggae hits, plus Tina Turner and other songs I can't remember.

Another lovely day, even if we were rained off for part of it.
You’ve just replied to the entertainment question here 😂 (I remember you said about the Steel band too, just my foggy brain 🤣 )

The beef wrapped in bacon sounds delicious, well done to Max for finding that. Well done on the cheese plate too Abby, that’s an impressive amount of cheese 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Brilliant update, I’m beginning to feel as if I’m there too 💞 My DH looked at your trip report today and suggested I price Jamaica up for next year 😂 We we’re very pleased at the quote too, very tempting

It’s such a shame as they grow up and leave the cheese plates behind 😂 although Max’s burger looks really good too.

We love a game or two of cards in the evenings at AI hotels, it’s a fun way to relax and spend time together.

Is there any evening entertainment at the resort Abby?

The beach and pool look amazing though so it’s all you need if the rain stays away
I'm glad I've inspired your DH too. We've only done AI once before in Turkey and this is much, much, better. I would actually consider coming back and I hadn't thought I'd feel that way. I booked it as a replacement for Orlando expecting to relax and enjoy it, but not to love it. The kids are really enjoying themselves though so that makes a huge difference.

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Loving the updates! Please keep them coming!
Just off to get my first cocktail of the day. I love the beach bar 😍

You’ve just replied to the entertainment question here 😂 (I remember you said about the Steel band too, just my foggy brain 🤣 )

The beef wrapped in bacon sounds delicious, well done to Max for finding that. Well done on the cheese plate too Abby, that’s an impressive amount of cheese 😂
😀 there is a lot of activities. From quizzes and DJs and other coordinated daily activities in the pool and on the beach, to shows and bands etc on a large stage in the evening. The Sport's bar has tablr football, there are tennis courts and multiple swimming pools. Plus all the water sports, the only thing we've found which requires a fee is the scuba diving.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Room Photos

I took these when we first checked in but forgot to share them.

The coffee machine, empty optics and fridge area.

Opposite is a massive double wardrobe, with safe, ironing board, iron and umbrella, which came in handy yesterday.

Double sinks and a huge walk in shower.

We have 2 adjoining rooms with ocean views. Mum and Dad are just round the corner with a garden view. We all had the TUI free upgrade to garden view, but when we checked in we were allocated ocean views. I'm loving the view from our balcony in the morning. ❤

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Fingers crossed for you and thanks for sharing …love reading trip reports and this is the first one I’ve seen in a long time x enjoy x
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

The room looks lovely, lots of space and a beautiful view. Shame the optics aren’t refilled, I know it’s just a small point but it would be fun to have them

AIs vary so much in standards, even in 4/5* hotels. It is a case of reading lots of reviews to see what’s included. The ones in the Caribbean look exceptionally good though. We’d booked Mexico for last October which obviously didn’t happen but I do think we will be heading in that direction at some point in the future especially after seeing your trip report 😄
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Fingers crossed for you and thanks for sharing …love reading trip reports and this is the first one I’ve seen in a long time x enjoy x
You're welcome. It's been fun writing it up as we go. I've never managed a live trippie before.

The room looks lovely, lots of space and a beautiful view. Shame the optics aren’t refilled, I know it’s just a small point but it would be fun to have them

AIs vary so much in standards, even in 4/5* hotels. It is a case of reading lots of reviews to see what’s included. The ones in the Caribbean look exceptionally good though. We’d booked Mexico for last October which obviously didn’t happen but I do think we will be heading in that direction at some point in the future especially after seeing your trip report 😄
Yes the rooms are good. The beds are 'small doubles' pushed together. They don't feel too small though. But I guess for the American Market they are small compared to their queen and king beds.

Old 30 Jul 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Breakfast and Drama at the Beach

We are getting up later and later. Mum and Dad went for a stroll up the beach around 8am but only 2 of us were up.

We made it to breakfast and settled in with our usual pancakes and crispy bacon.

I decided to get a freshly made omelette with vegetables, cheese and jalapeños. I also got some corned beef hash. This was a really tasty breakfast.

There are also lots of smoothies. I tried the banana smoothy, which was fab and the apple, melon and ginger, which wasn't so good.

We headed back to change and go to the beach. Our usual spot near the volleyball Court had been set up with a stage for the live band later in the morning. So I suggested head up closer to the beach bar 😉

This is also very close to the Seagull restaurant and our rooms are just behind.

Just as I was about to get our first cocktail Max came running out of the sea and shouting that his face was on fire and he thought he'd been stung.

The lifeguard came over and said he'd be right back with something to help. We had visions of a bucket of wee...but he brought cotton wool soaked in vinegar and told Max to dab it on as that would ease the sting.

He's fine now and is back in the sea.

Old 30 Jul 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Cocktails 🍸

I've managed to squeeze in two great cocktails after carrying out my Florence Nightingale duties.

Pina Colada, this was delicious made with gold rum.

Summer Breeze, another tasty drink, made with peach schnapps, bacardi, gold rum and pineapple juice.

Old 30 Jul 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

My G&T looks rather boring now
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List