Old 4 Jul 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers + 1, take 2 - day 7

Me and Edith woke up at 7.30am today & gave Aaron a bit more sleep by heading down to the Mara for breakfast. I ordered the waffle platter for us to share & she also had her normal milk and a banana fruit pouch. The platter was yummy and unsurprisingly, Edith LOVED the tiny bit waffle in maple syrup I gave her.

We were back in the room by 9am and managed to drag Aaron out of bed. We head to EPCOT and again had to queue from miles back for a parking space, it was Cinco de Mayo and also Saturday so we had a feeling it would be a busy park.

We head over to the seas first having not spent much time there in the past. We took a few pics and then head into Turtle Talk with Crush, well what a little gem that we have always missed previously, we loved it! So funny.

While we had queued for Turtle Talk, I had managed to secure a FP for the Character Spot which I was really pleased about as we had missed our last one due to Edith being asleep. It was an hour away from now so we decided to head into WS for a quick lunch stop & then come back. We both had fish & chips in the UK pavilion, they were pretty good and it was nice to sit in the shade and enjoy them on the water’s edge. It was such a hot day today & on the way back to Character Spot it looked like a storm cloud was coming our way!

We used our FP & met Mickey, Minnie & Goofy, all were great but the photographers weren’t really making much effort to take interaction photos which I think is a shame.

I seem to be missing some photos here too but I do have a couple of Minnie ones.

When we came out it was raining heavily, luckily the pushchair was under cover so we left it where it was & walked over to the Land to keep dry. I managed to change our Living with the Land FP to 45 minutes time so we just wondered around the shops & food counters being nosey until our time came round. The ride was great as usual, I love the relaxed pace of it & do love seeing all the plants/fruit/veg .

It was still raining so we stayed under cover for a bit, it didn’t seem to be letting up though so I ran over to grab the pushchair, we popped Edith’s rain cover on & head off toward WS again. Luckily the rain did start to slow & blue skies appeared so we decided a trip to the Boardwalk would be nice.

One of the first places I spotted was Ample Hills Creamery & I never need much persuasion to grab some ice cream. We head in & I got tempted by one of the sundaes. I thought it would be one scoop of ice cream & a brownie with a cream topping. Well, it turns out it was 3 scoops of ice cream & enormous ones at that, a massive chocolate brownie, cream, hot fudge & a candy topping all served in a waffle cup! OMG the thing was huge. The brownie was warmed and the whole thing was absolutely delicious. The cie cream flavours I went for were Unbaked, Salty Malty Pretzel & Butter Pecan Brittle. Aaron wasn’t too keen so I had to give it a good effort myself. We also sat outside in the sun to eat it & it was melting so fast and making a terrible mess! I had to admit defeat in the end but if you’re looking for a good value sundae, this is the place to be!

On our wonder round, Aaron grabbed a margarita from the kiosk, he felt he needed to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. We carried on all the way around to the Yacht club where we sat at Hurricane Hannah’s for a rest. Aaron had a Category 5 cocktail with a 151 rum float, he declared it the best cocktail of the trip.

Edith had woken by now so I gave her some milk & a bit of water to keep her hydrated too. It was so muggy & humid. We popped back over to EPCOT & carried on all the way around World Showcase popping in at Mexico for another ride on the Gran Fiesta Tour as Edith loved it.

It was almost 6pm now so we decided to make a move as we had a reservation for Ohana at 6.45pm. Edith fell asleep again on our way out. Our plan had been to get the monorail to MK & then again to the Poly, eat our meal & then get the monorail back to Epcot for Illuminations. Our plans had to change though as there were no monorails running from Epcot & they were trying to heard us onto a bus. No thanks. We head back to the car & I drove us to the Poly. We head in & check in for our reservation, with Edith waking up just in time. We only had to wait about 10 minutes for our table which is the shortest wait by a long way we have had at Ohana.

Our meal was amazing. Every single bite was super yummy and just as good as we remembered. We did have a scary moment when Edith seemed to inhale a piece of bread & choke but I managed to scoop it out for her. While we ate the rain had returned with a vengeance, goodness I haven’t seen rain like it in years, 2 years in fact since we were last in Florida It was relentless and carried on for the whole time we were there.

After we finished, I told Aaron to stay with Edith under the shelter while I brought the car around. The whole car park was flooded and I got completely soaked but at least we managed to keep Edith dry. We decided to skip the fireworks as the weather was so bad and drove back to the hotel. Strangest thing, it seemed like AKL hadn’t had a drop of rain, all the cars were dry, as were the roads! How on earth can that happen when a 10 minute drive away it was flooded?

We head up to our room and lucked upon another amazing firework display over in the direction of HS. I was so confused as to what nights these seemed to be on / not on. There didn’t seem to be a pattern to it at all. We all showered & head to bed at about 11 after watching a bit of San Andreas on the TV.

abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Shame the the rain came and interrupted your plans

Joan
Old 4 Jul 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow the sundae from ample hills looked enormous. Enjoying a margarita on cinco de mayo sounds like the perfect afternoon!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Shame the the rain came and interrupted your plans

Joan
I know right, we were pretty lucky overall though, that was all we had during the 10 night trip.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Wow the sundae from ample hills looked enormous. Enjoying a margarita on cinco de mayo sounds like the perfect afternoon!
It was massive & sooooo tasty!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I’m surprised Edith wanted to eat anything else ever again after tasting maple syrup!

I’m not an ‘Ohana fan (I think the flavours just aren’t for me) but your pictures are mouth-watering.

I'm making a point of going to Ample Hills this year for sure.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

That sundae 😳 definitely going to go there next time! Thanks for sharing anothe great day.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I’m surprised Edith wanted to eat anything else ever again after tasting maple syrup!

I’m not an ‘Ohana fan (I think the flavours just aren’t for me) but your pictures are mouth-watering.

I'm making a point of going to Ample Hills this year for sure.
Ooh really? I'm surprised at that, most people love Ohana and for me it's right up there for the best food.

Ample Hills is a mist do!

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
That sundae 😳 definitely going to go there next time! Thanks for sharing anothe great day.
You must, it was so yummy! Gives Beaches & cream a run for their money