Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Do we think some one in white hall is having a laugh feeding Paul Charles incorrect information.

America added to amber list: wrong
Scotland won't follow suite: wrong
No change to green list this week: wrong

They must be laughing there head off
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by M3ben05 View Post
Tonight’s announcement wasn’t bad news at all. Removing the amber quarantine ‘later in the summer’ is fine - don’t forget it only needs to be in place by the time we arrive home

I’m still positive, nothing has really changed. As soon as case numbers start dropping, and they will (we’re fairly flat on the daily cases now so hopefully we’re at the peak), the boarders should open up pretty quick.

There’s still time
Love this. I'll get back on the positivity train with you! Had a short pit stop this afternoon at Wallow ville but I'm back on board now!
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

I've given up all hope now.

Was hoping we'd add the US to the Green list.

The touted reopening of the Canadian and Mexican borders for the end of this month has been put back to the end of July.

There's no way the US will let us in... yet snub their neighbours.

I've remained optimistic for the weeks & months, but us getting to Florida in the kids summer hols just isn't going to manifest.

If this so called air corridor ever transpires it'll be after the kids have gone back to school.

Sad, but time for us personally to realise we need to focus on a holiday that we can make real this summer.

Just hoping British Airways return our three grand as soon as possible after our scheduled flight date.

Whilst our ESTAs are good for two years, I can't see flights becoming affordable in that time frame.

Really didn't think we'd be in this position this summer.

Gutted 😔

Edited at 08:29 PM.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post

The touted reopening of the Canadian and Mexican borders for the end of this month has been put back to the end of July.

I've remained optimistic for the weeks & months, but us getting to Florida in the kids summer hols just isn't going to manifest.

If this so called air corridor ever transpires it'll be after the kids have gone back to school.

Sad, but time for us personally to realise we need to focus on a holiday that we can make real this summer.

Just hoping British Airways return our three grand as soon as possible after our scheduled flight date.

Whilst our ESTAs are good for two years, I can't see flights becoming affordable in that time frame.

Gutted 😔
Yup, feel the same, just had a look at Barbados, need 2 pcr tests and to quarantine whilst there for 2 days - not worth the hassle.

Back up of the Greek islands not looking likely either.

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What I don’t get is that nobody seems to be talking about travel insurance. I’d quite happily go on Amber, test and quarantine if necessary, but according to our travel insurance if we do go on Amber and something happens we’re on our own. Even Staysure insurance wording is vague and they’re supposed to cover COVID. The USA is not a place I’d like to go unless I’m sure we would be covered having paid upwards of $2000 when my son cut the bridge of his nose open a few years ago. Is it too much to ask for some plain English?
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Yup, feel the same, just had a look at Barbados, need 2 pcr tests and to quarantine whilst there for 2 days - not worth the hassle.

Back up of the Greek islands not looking likely either.
Agreed about Barbados, On their website they also talk about an app where you input your temperature daily.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post

Gutted 😔
Vaccine rates are ultimately what should drive the boarder decision and we have one of the best in the world. It’s easy to forget that with all the doom and gloom but it’s a fact and, fingers crossed, will be what swings it in our favour. The US-UK route is also one of the most lucrative in the world to both countries so don’t underestimate how keen the US will be to get things going when the data ticks the boxes.
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
What I don’t get is that nobody seems to be talking about travel insurance. I’d quite happily go on Amber, test and quarantine if necessary, but according to our travel insurance if we do go on Amber and something happens we’re on our own. Even Staysure insurance wording is vague and they’re supposed to cover COVID. The USA is not a place I’d like to go unless I’m sure we would be covered having paid upwards of $2000 when my son cut the bridge of his nose open a few years ago. Is it too much to ask for some plain English?
We don’t offer any cover for Amber countries unless the foreign office says it’s safe to travel.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
oceanscape
Trying for More Ears

You can get insurance for Amber destinations (even if Foreign Office advise against travel) pretty easily provided you don’t have underlying conditions you need covered. We are in Mexico and paid £30 each through BattleFace, it is good cover too with £2.5m medical coverage.
oceanscape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

They're not going to change their policy and cover amber countries until after the Government officially announce it. I wouldn't worry about this until after its announced.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List