Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Feb 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile GCSEs 2022

I’m hoping to go for 3 weeks next year, my son has his GCSEs. Does anyone have a rough idea when results would be out - is it normally 3rd week in august?
Do kids still all go to school to get results together or do they just get them online?
I wouldn’t want him to miss being here if he wanted to for his results.
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Most still go in and get them and see all their friends.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

We are in the same position.
I've asked my son and he isn't bothered about going into school when Orlando is on the cards!
It's normally the 3rd Thursday in August.
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluetrekker
Trying for More Ears

My son also has GCSEs next year. The school say there isn’t an online option which seems crazy in this day and age! It may differ by school or exam board. I too would like to know the day, but I see for this year they have changed the dates so I do feel this will be subject to change for next year as well.
Bluetrekker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
squash1505
Gone all Goofy

Unsure when they will advise as my son should have been taking his GCSE’s this year and only found out the date this week which is early this year the 12th August, but usually around the end of August.
squash1505 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bwfc4ife
VIP Dibber

The school will email or post them usually but you need written permission from the student. I believe it’s also an option to nominate someone else to pick them up on the student’s behalf, but again there has to be written permission.
bwfc4ife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Having been through this 5 times now, I have done it various ways. First child, we were in Florida. We wrote giving my mum permission to collect her results and she text them to us. My daughter was happy with this and preferred the extended holiday. Second child we were home so he went and collected them. He spent about 5 minutes with his friends and then he came home. Third child I took to collect his. He wasn’t expected to pass any and he passed them all so he was glad he was there to tell all his mates! He came home straight after though and said he would have rather been on holiday. Forth child was last year during the pandemic so he had his emailed to him. He said that he didn’t care about having them emailed and none of his mates were bothered either. Fifth child will receive his results on 12th August. I’m sure they will be emailed again. We are due to be in Florida as results were going to be out on 27th August. He doesn’t care and said he would rather be in Florida (if we are allowed to go).

What does your son think about it? None of my boys (or girl) cared about being there in person and they are all very different.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

We will be in the same position next year too. We want to be back by results day but was hoping we might be able to go earlier in July is that possible? Or would they still need to be available until school ends for summer at the end of July? Anyone have any past experience?

Thanks 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ll be in the same position next year. DD isn’t bothered in being home for results day - she’s already decided she wants to go to 6th form at school. We left it up to her, so we’ll be in Florida on results day.
Old 28 Feb 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
We will be in the same position next year too. We want to be back by results day but was hoping we might be able to go earlier in July is that possible? Or would they still need to be available until school ends for summer at the end of July? Anyone have any past experience?

Thanks 👍
Well be in the same boat too with DS. When's Prom I case they.want to go.that.

We cant go until DD finishes but want to squeeze in two weeks before results.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List