Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Apr 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Wren kitchens

Kitchen question again ..apologies...just after opinions on Wren kitchens please ,so far we've been to the showroom and had a plan done ...they've been so lovely and friendly and very informative. We'll have our our own builder who will fit the kitchen so it's just the supplier we need ... so opinions on build ,quality and value for money please ... bonus with pictures 📷👍
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We had ours done 3 years ago and no issues at all.
Our fitter was brilliant and we’ve asked for him again for our new house .
Build quality was good and we had no problems even when we needed another end panel, was delivered in 3 days.
Most issues I’ve seen are to do with fitters so as you have your own you should be fine .
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had a Wren kitchen fitted in 2014 and we still love it.

We had the worktops made by my brother and used our own builders.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve had a wren kitchen for about 4 years. They were brilliant before we ordered. Not so good after we had paid. I’m happy with the quality but double and triple check the measurements and keep negotiating they kept dropping and dropping the price. Saved loads from the initial quote and had some appliances thrown in.
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Am happy with mine too - of course half the battle is the person fitting it, if they are not good then no kitchen will hold up.

I think the guy that invented Hygina kitchens back in the 70s/80s is behind them, but they are a lot better than the MFI stuff from the past.

Don't be afraid to haggle with them, I managed to knock extra off just by being cheeky, they pricematch too- ignore all the fake discounts, they always have some sort of sale on, look at the bottom line not the 'saving' as its mostly false.
Old 13 Apr 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Great pre-order. Once they get your money, not so great. Sent us the wrong cabinet. Took forever and a day to get it replaced.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We had a new kitchen a few years back. Used a local fitter as recommended by our builder.

His only clause that it was NOT a Wren kitchen!
He said the product itself was great. Sturdy and generally well made.
However... their aftersales service was awful and he hadcstruggled so many times to get the right plinth/ door/ fitting etc that it held him up getting on to the next job, and cost too much time having to go backwards and forwards finishing things off.

A friend has a VERY big kitchen. She regrets the day she ever walked into the Wren showroom. It took 3 months to get a usable kitchen. She loves it now its finished, but the stress took its toll in the longrun.

There's another couple of mums from school that haven't had great experiences, as well as some who got lucky.

As an aside, we used Benchmarx who were brilliant. We had 2 things wrong on the order, which were sorted in less than 24hrs and delivered from our local branch.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I'd agree with Rac20. We had a couple of minor queries after fitting (our own fitter who was VG). The store is only 2 miles away so we popped in and they do not deal with aftersales AT ALL. Simply told us to phone up customer services and wrote the number on a bit of paper. They are all about sales.

Initially we were very pleased with kitchen but 9 months on, we are not at all happy with the quality and wondering what to do about it. The two big problems are the worktops and the high gloss doors.

The worktop in the utility comes under their luxury laminate range (black sparkle gloss) and has become noticably scratched with just ordinary wear of things you would do in a utility room, washing baskets, dog bowls, toaster & coffee maker on worltop. Polishing and buffing makes no difference. I feel this should be more robust, we were certainly never told that this range wasn't suitable for a utility room. Possible it wouldn't be so noticable in a different colour or texture.

Our cashmere gloss doors have become chipped in a few places and because the colour coating is not very thick, the white base shows through, Yes, we have a dog that jumped up when he was a pup, but that doesn't account for all the marks. Again, I feel it could be more robust, but a different or lighter door style could be less prone to scratches.

Lastly, we had a spat with them over taking American Express for payment. I had to show them tweets and emails from their head office, saying they accept it, but they really didn't want to take it in the branch and got quite shirty. I can only think their commission is reduced compared to other credit cards.

Things we love: The price was good, The black granite worktop in kitchen, the gloss handleless doors clean in a flash, their appliance prices were good, delivery was right first time. We got £1000 rebate for changing the delivery date to suit them. We are also really pleased we went for glass splashbacks, but these were not through Wren.

Edited at 10:40 PM. Reason: to add pics
Disney_time is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

We got a Wren kitchen 18 months ago and still delighted with it. No problems at all with service, design or what was delivered. Used our own fitter.

One thing to note is that Wren encouraged us to get their factory assembled cabinets, but in the end to save money we went for the flat pack version (exact same product, just not preassembled) and it saved a lot of money even after allowing for the fitter adding a few hundred quid to his quote to do the assembly.
Perthite is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
burkie
slightly serious Dibber

A girl on my fb has done nothing but complain about Wren. Her old kitchen started getting ripped out on boxing day, and up until a couple of weeks ago it still wasn't finished. From what I could gather it was to do with parts not delivered. She has been quiet recently about it, so not sure if its finished yet.