Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jun 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Blue Light card cruise prize

I know a lot of Dibbers entered a prize draw for a cruise a few weeks ago, I entered another one recently for 100 staycation cruise with celebrity and just had a follow up phone call as I didn’t answer the email. I won a 6 night cruise from Southampton to Belfast. Only had to get ourselves down to Southampton and pay for drinks. I declined it as I’ve only just gone back to work after a week off in Devon and it’s too short notice. Seems daft to have entered knowing I wouldn’t be able to go but now I seem ungrateful to the lovely lady who rang me. I never win anything eitherhope some one who can go makes use of it.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bartswife View Post
I know a lot of Dibbers entered a prize draw for a cruise a few weeks ago, I entered another one recently for 100 staycation cruise with celebrity and just had a follow up phone call as I didn’t answer the email. I won a 6 night cruise from Southampton to Belfast. Only had to get ourselves down to Southampton and pay for drinks. I declined it as I’ve only just gone back to work after a week off in Devon and it’s too short notice. Seems daft to have entered knowing I wouldn’t be able to go but now I seem ungrateful to the lovely lady who rang me. I never win anything eitherhope some one who can go makes use of it.
Wow, nice to know someone won! I entered this too, didn't have any email though so didn't win. I was kind of expecting an email either way, as that is what RC did, and they're part of the same company.
Ladyshopper is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Wow, nice to know someone won! I entered this too, didn't have any email though so didn't win. I was kind of expecting an email either way, as that is what RC did, and they're part of the same company.
Bit annoying really as DH recently retired so is available at the drop of a hat and I only work part time but it’s every day. Wouldn’t be fair to ask for another week off with only three weeks notice. Ah well, what you never have ...
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Just out of interest, why did you enter the competition if you knew you couldn't go? Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm really not challenging you. I'm just curious, especially as it wasn't just a tick box competition and you actually had to write stuff!
Ladyshopper is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

I hope they offered the cruise to another entrant
Old 14 Jun 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Just out of interest, why did you enter the competition if you knew you couldn't go? Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm really not challenging you. I'm just curious, especially as it wasn't just a tick box competition and you actually had to write stuff!
Can’t remember if they put the dates on. Even so it would be almost impossible to be given a week off after just going back today. You never expect to win though do you.
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
I’m sure they would have. They had 100 places on offer and I bet I’m not the only one who can’t go at such short notice. I did write a Thankyou email to them and explained why I had to back out. If I didn’t have morals I would have thrown a sicky and as DH is now fully retired I can’t risk losing my job, he only left a month ago and haven’t quite got used to reduced income long term yet. We have 3 cruises booked in the next 18 months so we aren’t suffering. Pity we couldn’t choose from a number of dates.
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sunset girl View Post
The terms and conditions say it should be, but if that second winner also can't go, then the prize will be considered void.

I do wonder how many of the Royal Caribbean prizes got voided. They offered 999 free cabins, and on the application you had to pick one of the two dates being offered. There were then loads of people on the FB page who won but couldn't go, even though they'd picked the date! Also people who hadn't read you had to be fully vaccinated etc etc.