Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jun 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Anyone planning Greece this year?

We are supposed to be going to Crete at start of August.

Love Greece and really want a holiday but unfortunately can't go if it is still Amber.

Keeping an eye on the gov.uk website and the Greece tourism ones to try and work out what the restrictions and requirements are but its like a big game of tetris.

Need some positivity, some ouzo, some Greek food and sunshine please.

Who else wants to go ?

Rasmus, any insider insights most welcome 😉

++++++++++++++++++++

More for ease of reference for me than anything else, some useful links I have found...

Gov.uk Greece page.

gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/greece

Greece.gov equivalent for travellers to Greece

travel.gov.gr/#/

Passenger Locator form to enter Greece has to be done by 23:59 on the day before arrival in Greece.

travel.gov.gr/#/user/login

Greece tourism (something or other..)

news.gtp.gr/2021/06/26/greec...les-into-july/

Greek Government covid-19 map.

covid19.gov.gr/covid-map-en/

Medical provision finder..
By prefecture. Check the GHIC Greece coverage link below first.

healthatlas.gov.gr/HealthCare/#!/

What GHIC covers in Greece.

ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp...intPageId=1739

This relates to tests for return to Germany with Condor, but has some useful info on test to travel centers.

condor/eu/flight-pre...st-centres.jsp

Badge descriptors for whether restaurants or tavernas accept unvaccinated people.

news.gtp.gr/2021/07/16/greec...taurants-bars/

UK ones...
GHIC

nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/hea...nce-card-ghic/

Vaccination certificate (England and Wales- maybe rest of UK but not sure)

covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk/

Passport validity test

gov.uk/check-a-passport-travel-europe?

Passenger Locator form to return to UK. Must be completed in the 48 hours before return flight.

gov.uk/provide-journey-c...fore-travel-uk

You’ll need to provide a negative coronavirus (COVID-19) test before you travel to the UK. The test must have been taken in the 3 days before your departure. The proof must be in English, French or Spanish. (Not Greek!)

Return to England

gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...ing-to-england

Return to Wales.

gov.wales/testing-people-tra...virus-covid-19

Note :- be careful only one provider counts for Wales for tests after you have landed back - so people like TUIs test packages are not appropriate in Wales. You need to put your post landing in UK testing confirmation on your PLF prior to returning to the UK. If not domiciled in England, even if you are flying to an English airport, you need to follow your home govts rules on testing so check.

gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...e/email-signup

Any others?

Edited at 03:59 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have Florida booked, but if it’s cancelled (when? ) we would like to book to go to Greece as we love it there. Keeping everything crossed that we can at least do one of these things.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We have ikos booked in Corfu as a backup
Currently FCO is giving it the all clear and we d go if amber too especially if they are saying you don’t need to isolate if vaccinated
Old 27 Jun 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

A particular question I have is if it is now possible to leave accommodation without having a notified reason and authority - as this could be limiting.

Also the three people in a taxi thing from the same family, presumably this is in addition to the driver ?
Old 27 Jun 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
A particular question I have is if it is now possible to leave accommodation without having a notified reason and authority - as this could be limiting.

Also the three people in a taxi thing from the same family, presumably this is in addition to the driver ?
Hi

We're interested in Corfu if our US flights get cancelled.

Re your above questions I couldn't see references to problems leaving accommodation or to taxis in the links.

Please can you point me in the right direction.

Many thanks.

Edited at 06:23 PM.
tocpe321 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

We also have Crete booked for August.

Our adult children are coming with us, but I can't see them being double jabbed by then.

Really need it to be green and for the Greek govt to let us in!
Old 27 Jun 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by srh View Post
We also have Crete booked for August.

Our adult children are coming with us, but I can't see them being double jabbed by then.

Really need it to be green and for the Greek govt to let us in!
It is double jabbed or negative test before arrival I think. I am relying on this for my adult dd. But she is single jabbed, so just encouraging her to push for her next jab quickly...
Old 27 Jun 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post

The taxi bit is on the gov.uk website under travel.

The curfew 12:30am-5 am is on there. (But I ha e read elsewhere that finishes on 28th June so not sure...)

But used to be in Greece that if you wished to leave your house you had to text the appropriate number for the qualifying reason to go out. Rasmus has mentioned it previously. I was trying to find out if it is still the case but can't see anything...

Wondered if it was buried in the you must obey Greek rules bit, or if it has finished.

Edited at 07:41 PM.
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Mine are both single jabbed too. We go August 1st and their second jab is due on the 5th if it goes by the 8 weeks.

Wonder if it could be pulled forward to 7 weeks? Probably not!
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Booked for September fingers crossed for green