Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Jun 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've been to Barbados quite a few times. Love the West Coast and the beaches there. Great snorkeling and the boat trip to swim with the turtles is good. Also the Concord experience. Lunch at L'Azure in the Crane resort for the most fantastic sea view ever. Zacchios beach bar and restaurant at Holetown is lively and the shopping at the Limes is very upmarket. There is lots to do in Barbados as well as the beach so don't rule it out. Car hire is best and they drive on the left. Speightstown is worth a visit and the East coast is magnificent around Bathsheba The Atlantic hotel does a fantastic Sunday lunch nearby. Get off the beaten track and explore and you will find a lot more than staying in one place and sunbathing.
Look at Barbados in a Nutshell on line guide for restaurants and activities etc

Edited at 06:34 PM.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We went Barbados with kids ages 9 and 11.

We did Calabaza trip with turtles (Dh gets sea sick and took travel sickness tablets) horse racing (stood in the public playground for free) Friday night at Oistins (went 7-9ish before it got too adult) There's also a cricket ground and lots of sights to see.

We weren't bored at all.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

We got married in Barbados in 1999 and then took our kids there for our 20th anniversary in 2019. They were 12 and 14 at the time. We did a catamaran trip to swim with the Turtles which was fantastic and also hired a driver for the day who took us all around the island to see the main sights. We stopped for lunch at Crystal cove as it was a sister hotel to where we were staying. I think it will be our back up destination this year, in case we don’t get to Florida.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Are BA and Virgin currently flying to Barbados? What are the requirements upon entering Barbados regarding covid?
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDose View Post
Are BA and Virgin currently flying to Barbados? What are the requirements upon entering Barbados regarding covid?
Virgin definitely are.
Testing pre and post arrival, quarantine in hotel for 24-48 hours or until negative test result comes in for fully vaxxed or quarantine for 5 days in the room if not fully vaxxed.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BA are definitely flying too. I think about 4 times a week. We’re going in 3.5 weeks and I’ve been tracking the flights.

I’ve been to Barbados twice as an adult before kids, once with a 2 year old and we’re now booked to go with our 3 and 6 year olds. I think there’s plenty to do of you like a mix of relaxing and ‘doing’. I say that because most of the resorts are geared towards relaxing, but there are options for self catering villas etc.
Old 11 Jul 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
BA are definitely flying too. I think about 4 times a week. We’re going in 3.5 weeks and I’ve been tracking the flights.

I’ve been to Barbados twice as an adult before kids, once with a 2 year old and we’re now booked to go with our 3 and 6 year olds. I think there’s plenty to do of you like a mix of relaxing and ‘doing’. I say that because most of the resorts are geared towards relaxing, but there are options for self catering villas etc.
Yeah we looked into it but honestly think we would be bored.
We watched loads of videos and none of them excited us unfortunately as we are definitely “do’ers” and don’t feel there is enough there to do for us especially as I don’t like boats 😂
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Yeah we looked into it but honestly think we would be bored.
We watched loads of videos and none of them excited us unfortunately as we are definitely “do’ers” and don’t feel there is enough there to do for us especially as I don’t like boats 😂
I feel the same, I have America booked for August and September but don't feel like they will happen so wondering whether to give up and try Barbados but I am so unsure, it's a minefield

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I feel the same, I have America booked for August and September but don't feel like they will happen so wondering whether to give up and try Barbados but I am so unsure, it's a minefield
Think I was just desperate for a holiday so was willing to go anywhere 😆 but then realised spending over 7k just to get away was a bit silly so we’ve decided to stay put this summer and just make the most of it.
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Think I was just desperate for a holiday so was willing to go anywhere 😆 but then realised spending over 7k just to get away was a bit silly so we’ve decided to stay put this summer and just make the most of it.
same as us, i am going to look into it though if it means we can get to Boston for a week via the back door i think we will be priced out but the Sandals resort looks very nice

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List