Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Jun 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Hulllloooooo - Quick Hack with NEW Dining save £££

hey howdy ho

long time folks.

OK just looking at 2022 with "free dining".

Fam of 5 - if we book a Suite at AOA with tix minus discounts = £7820

versus

Fam of 5 - TWO mermaid ROOMS (call up and get connected rooms). with tix minus 2 x credits = £6541

£1300 cheaper and more floor space...

Could do this with other resorts too...

Thoughts please

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No idea papamouse - but lovely to see you back on the boards and planning a trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

No thoughts from me either as we shan’t be going for a while and are priced out of onsite at Disney, but nice to see you back PM, I was only thinking the other day, do you remember in the ‘old days’ when all we had to worry about was when they dismantled Caribbean Beach resort and how they messed up with their various offers of compensation 🤔🤔🤔🤔 you were a huge help to lots of dibbers x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
No thoughts from me either as we shan’t be going for a while and are priced out of onsite at Disney, but nice to see you back PM, I was only thinking the other day, do you remember in the ‘old days’ when all we had to worry about was when they dismantled Caribbean Beach resort and how they messed up with their various offers of compensation 🤔🤔🤔🤔 you were a huge help to lots of dibbers x
i know - those were strange times - and then the world just got stranger!

We were thinking (assuming we can go in 2022) of villa and universal - but as soon as I saw dining credits on tv last night - i just had to check em out!

Does make you melancholy coming here when you have nothing booked, doesnt it. But as we know Planning lasts 720 days for a 21 day hol!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Two value rooms vs one suite isn't quite 2x credits, since the suites get moderate level credits. But it is $72/day vs $61, so it helps.

Once All Stars Music reopens, I'd also look at the suites there to see what price they come in at. Will probably be more than two LM rooms and you lose the Skyliner access, but they've been refurbished and look great. Better kitchen than at the AoA suites too. Think they will be the new hidden gem for larger families, depending on price.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Two value rooms vs one suite isn't quite 2x credits, since the suites get moderate level credits. But it is $72/day vs $61, so it helps.
...also 2 * $200 gift cards instead of just the one.

(Assuming two separate bookings made)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

PM it is so great to see you back I was one following your advice closely whilst trying to plan our first wdw holiday during the CBR fiasco!

As a fellow family of 5 we are also looking into this option. I am currently thinking of booking 2 rooms at ASM to get double the credits as this will bring it down by a couple of hundred compared to a single room at CBR or a suite at AOA. I just can't make my mind up yet as the dolphin is also an option for us and the location looks amazing! I would just check that the standard mermaid rooms are in the offer as I thought at AOA it was suites only that qualified but I may be wrong.

Happy planning and I look forward to hearing what you decide.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

We were thinking of doing similar but at All Star Movies.
We are only doing the 5 nights onsite next year.
Ultimately though the children wanted to stay at a slyliner resort more than they wanted extra space for just those 5 nights. We have CBR booked again.
Two rooms at Art of Animation us over budget for us though I would love two mermaid rooms. Eeeeek.
I'm just going to have a look haha

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Sounds like a good idea if you are happy in two rooms. Only con I can think of is that you are not guaranteed two Rooms next to each other / but you can ask.

Edited at 04:34 PM.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
hey howdy ho

long time folks.

OK just looking at 2022 with "free dining".

Fam of 5 - if we book a Suite at AOA with tix minus discounts = £7820

versus

Fam of 5 - TWO mermaid ROOMS (call up and get connected rooms). with tix minus 2 x credits = £6541

£1300 cheaper and more floor space...

Could do this with other resorts too...

Thoughts please

I don’t think Little Mermaid rooms are included in the offer, just Pop and All Stars.