Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 30 Jun 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Beadybear
VIP Dibber

Current Disney Dining Credit offer, please help

Hello everyone,

I have never had Disney dining credit, how does it work? If I had $504 dining credit does that just get put onto a gift card?

Or how many credits does that turn into?

Sorry, I am confused by the whole thing haha.

TIA xx
Beadybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

It goes on to a dining gift card, and then you can spend it however you like on food and beverages at selected locations.
Old 30 Jun 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Pretty sure it's an egiftcard the gets emailed to you rather than a physical one?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yes, it's a digital gift card. You can add it to MDE to use for mobile ordering, or show the barcode at dining locations to use it that way.

OP, you'll see a lot of references to meal credits in older posts (and vlogs, if you watch them) but that was the old free dining offer which can be confusing. This one is effectively cash, so you can order whatever you want at participating locations (pretty much all restaurants - some small food kiosks may be excluded) and then use the dining card to pay for it.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
maclondon
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yes, it's a digital gift card. You can add it to MDE to use for mobile ordering, or show the barcode at dining locations to use it that way.

OP, you'll see a lot of references to meal credits in older posts (and vlogs, if you watch them) but that was the old free dining offer which can be confusing. This one is effectively cash, so you can order whatever you want at participating locations (pretty much all restaurants - some small food kiosks may be excluded) and then use the dining card to pay for it.
its probably worth a lot less than the old free dining but it's way more flexible - you can also use the $200 gift card on dining - so that may bump up your meals.

most quick services are around $10 for kids and $15-$20 for older kids / adults including a drink etc. - nicer to use it for sit down meals to take the sting out of a special meal.

how much does it work out per person per day? I'm presuming the class of hotel ups the amount too?

its 'free' so you gotta love it
maclondon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Depends how many people are in the room. I travel solo in a value, so that's $36/day just for me - I can easily stretch that to cover all meals if sticking to QS. A family with 5 in a moderate room ($61pn) would only get about $12/day each so would be OOP for at least 2/3 of their spend. More if doing a lot of TS meals.

This deal definitely benefits solo and couple travellers more, where the old free DDP was better for families.

Edited at 04:02 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Depends how many people are in the room. I travel solo in a value, so that's $36/day just for me - I can easily stretch that to cover all meals if sticking to QS. A family with 5 in a moderate room ($61pn) would only get about $12/day each so would be OOP for at least 2/3 of their spend. More if doing a lot of TS meals.

This deal definitely benefits solo and couple travellers more, where the old free DDP was better for families.
Yes we said the same. Travelling as a couple (staying in a moderate) the dining credit benefits us way more (personally) than the old dining plan.

But i agree for families its really not a great deal compared to previous offerings.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List