Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Jul 21, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

If the free dinning plan comes back for 2023 I be booking as soon as it’s announced hopefully April 2022. We didn’t use the EMH last time as just doing Disney my daughter been 4 at the time we usually left about 8pm anyway and in bed for 9. Even with the DME gone we be looking at landing at Sanford or Melbourne Airport and get a motor coach to Disney if cheaper.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Obviously I have no idea but personally I think the Dining Credits is the way they will go forward in future years with DDP only being available if purchasing it. I was very much in the camp of free DDP would be here to stay but that was all before Covid. I think this will be their offer for a few years. It’s cheaper for them and people will still book. I have without free ddp.

Edited at 10:16 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydevotee View Post
Sarah,Thanks for taking the trouble,wish we had known this before we booked.
It was definitely hidden on the WDW announcement. I found it on Attraction Tickets Direct announcement

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
But I don't see it being any more than your credit amount off the full purchase price of plan at best, so the per person vs per room is irrelevant as you're working with two total prices. If we use the 2021 cash price of $78 per person per night for basic DDP, a solo in a value would have to pay $42 to upgrade. Where a family of 4 adults in the same room type would pay $276.
I do hope they allow a trade in. As travelling solo then it would work out ok.

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Id guess they will allow an upgrade of the meal credits to a DDP. You simply pay the difference. No real difference from upgrading from the "free breakfast" deal at the values to the QSDP or the free QSDP at the mods to the DDP. Just more money for the mouse.

If its worth it is another matter.
Yep I think it will all depend on that upgrade price for me and whether it restricts things too much

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Obviously I have no idea but personally I think the Dining Credits is the way they will go forward in future years with DDP only being available if purchasing it. I was very much in the camp of free DDP would be hear to stay but that was all before Covid. I think this will be their offer for a few years. It’s cheaper for them and people will still book. I have without free ddp.
Quite possibly. They had already gone down the free breakfast route for values. There is also a chance that UK bookings will have a completely different thing to US bookings so we might get credits offer and they could get dining plan offers
Old 2 Jul 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellejay156
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Obviously I have no idea but personally I think the Dining Credits is the way they will go forward in future years with DDP only being available if purchasing it. I was very much in the camp of free DDP would be hear to stay but that was all before Covid. I think this will be their offer for a few years. It’s cheaper for them and people will still book. I have without free ddp.
I could see it being a deluxe thing again. They have already said they are struggling to sell deluxe resorts. I don't think it's a rich/ poor thing as someone previously said. They are trying to entice booking to deluxe resorts the cheaper ones will always sell. With or without EMH and free dining.
Ellejay156 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Definitely something they could do. More perks for staying at a deluxe resort which they've already started.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ellejay156 View Post
I could see it being a deluxe thing again. They have already said they are struggling to sell deluxe resorts. I don't think it's a rich/ poor thing as someone previously said. They are trying to entice booking to deluxe resorts the cheaper ones will always sell. With or without EMH and free dining.

Hopefully they sell them before they get any ideas about free lightning passes for deluxe guests….
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
If they introduce the dining plan for next year, I wonder if you can purchase it and use your credits to reduce the price!?
I would think you would have to buy the dining plan in full and then use your credits once you are there, I loved the dining plan when it was offered free, not sure if I would pay for it, but I may pay for the quick service one and use the dining credit for special table service restaurants, if you can do that
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

we have booked a standard room at Coronado and have got the dining credit
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
The Dibb is a much better source of info than many TAs!

If you really want the package maybe you could ask to change resorts? We booked Coronado Springs deliberately so we could have the package. That said, if (paid) DDP becomes available for our January dates, I would be tempted to pay for it. Have done so before and it works for us, though I know it doesn't for some.
I'm also tempted to pay for it if it comes available, assume the dining credit will still be available as well?
Old 2 Jul 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank God! Now here’s hoping free dining returns next year! 🤞🤞
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List