Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jul 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Glyndsey
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Another one for the Dunn River falls also the Appleton Rum Factory, lots of samples when we went there and was a good laugh. We also did the Martha Brae River on a raft was so lovely and relaxing. We did a boat trip to see the crocodiles can't remember where it was but was the complete opposite of a trip we did 2 months early in Florida where they where warning you about the Alligators the guy in Jamaica was stroking the crocodiles as they came up to the boat !
Glyndsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much for this thread Abby! We are looking at our back up options this morning and Jamaica is currently top of the list.
We would also book through Tui as BA are coming in far more pp and would want a package. The Riu and Royalton are both the ones we are looking at, if you and Sue don't mind letting me know what you think of the hotels on your return? Our 2 weeks off work are from the 18th August and won't be booking anything until the week before just to see what, if any other restrictions are in place on the next review.
You know I'm exactly like you and get ants in my pants so will definitely be booking some kind of excursions or I might fall in to some kind of Cosmopolitan coma if I'm not careful

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Glyndsey View Post
Another one for the Dunn River falls also the Appleton Rum Factory, lots of samples when we went there and was a good laugh. We also did the Martha Brae River on a raft was so lovely and relaxing. We did a boat trip to see the crocodiles can't remember where it was but was the complete opposite of a trip we did 2 months early in Florida where they where warning you about the Alligators the guy in Jamaica was stroking the crocodiles as they came up to the boat !
I'm really looking forward to all the rum I'll check out those excursions.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thank you so much for this thread Abby! We are looking at our back up options this morning and Jamaica is currently top of the list.
We would also book through Tui as BA are coming in far more pp and would want a package. The Riu and Royalton are both the ones we are looking at, if you and Sue don't mind letting me know what you think of the hotels on your return? Our 2 weeks off work are from the 18th August and won't be booking anything until the week before just to see what, if any other restrictions are in place on the next review.
You know I'm exactly like you and get ants in my pants so will definitely be booking some kind of excursions or I might fall in to some kind of Cosmopolitan coma if I'm not careful
Hey Alicia

TUI have a lot of excursions which I've been flicking through on my phone. Are you thinking of all 4 of you going? Sam and Hope would love the pool and beach life. I've no idea if there is any golf for Jim. Do they golf in Jamaica? I wonder if you'd get itchy feet and be bored with it as I know you like to keep busy on holiday. I'm so tired after the last few months I feel like I could sleep for a week so while I'm not normally a fan of the all inclusive holiday I think the laid back relaxation of pool and beach will be good for me. Our hotel has lots of water activities on offer including canoes and snorkelling etc so you would probably enjoy all that.

I'll let you know how we get on. Hopefully you won't need to use the back up plans though.

A x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I see no problem with a Cosmo Coma 😂

I will love hearing about the hotels you all stay in
Old 24 Jul 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
My nails are ready for the holiday...

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I see no problem with a Cosmo Coma 😂

I will love hearing about the hotels you all stay in
I'm thinking a rum coma for sure.

Old 24 Jul 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

Yay love the nails

We are staying at Riu Palace …. We completed our Jamaica Travel Authorisation today so that’s one step closer 👍

Never been to Negril before and have no idea what to expect, we love the Caribbean so hopefully we will have a great time 😊
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SamShakes View Post
Yay love the nails

We are staying at Riu Palace …. We completed our Jamaica Travel Authorisation today so that’s one step closer 👍

Never been to Negril before and have no idea what to expect, we love the Caribbean so hopefully we will have a great time 😊
Riu Palace Negril was previously called Riu Tropical Bay and our first stay in Jamaica. The beach is actually called Bloody beach from history and several other hotels close by. Next door is the Riu Club ( stayed there as well in past years ).
Further along is 7 mile beach which Negril is known for.

ETA... all the Riu hotels provide 4 optics in your room so no need to wander far 😂. Usually Vodka, Barcardi, white rum and Appleton rum. I don’t drink any of those , so asked if they would swop to a gin Optic and they did. Also some beers and soft drinks from memory. Optics changed frequently 🙌🎉
You’ll have a fabulous time, try grabbing a table on outside veranda for breakfast, so calming and sets the day for you.

Edited at 07:44 PM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SamShakes View Post
Yay love the nails

We didn't know whether to go for Riu Palace or Royalton we had changed from Riu Palace Costa Rica so no really sure what happened. I hope we made the right decision.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’ve been pricing up October 😐

It’s very very very reasonable!