Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Jul 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
I looked at Boots and we have a store that does them which is only a couple of miles away - however, I thought they didn't guarantee the 48 hour results? I'd love to be told differently or if anyone has got experience of them I'd appreciate it.

Can you tell me if the LFTs you take with you have to be done video link?

Best I found for the PCR for return was some delivered for landing, they were £49pp, do you know if that's a good price?

Thanks Jill
Yes, you’re right - Boots don’t guarantee 48 hours, so it’s a slight gamble, but I’ve read trip reports on other websites where people have used Boots and got quick results.

No the LFTs we chose just require a picture to be uploaded (presumably with a code and ID details on) and then it’s checked and returned.

I think we paid around that for Day 2 PCRs! (either £48 or £49 pp) I couldn’t find anything cheaper either.

EDITED TO ADD: I spent all last night thinking about the fact that Boots don’t guarantee 48 hours and reading reviews on their PCR testing service and decided the cancel and go with ExpressTest instead. It’s a bit further to drive but hopefully it will be worth it for less anxiety. Thanks for reminding me about the 48 hours thing, Jill!

Edited at 12:45 PM.
DisneySarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
misty
Excited about Disney

We used medicspot for our lfts, super quick and easy , fit to fly certificates sent within 20 mins of sending results.
misty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
Yes, you’re right - Boots don’t guarantee 48 hours, so it’s a slight gamble, but I’ve read trip reports on other websites where people have used Boots and got quick results.

No the LFTs we chose just require a picture to be uploaded (presumably with a code and ID details on) and then it’s checked and returned.

I think we paid around that for Day 2 PCRs! (either £48 or £49 pp) I couldn’t find anything cheaper either.

EDITED TO ADD: I spent all last night thinking about the fact that Boots don’t guarantee 48 hours and reading reviews on their PCR testing service and decided the cancel and go with ExpressTest instead. It’s a bit further to drive but hopefully it will be worth it for less anxiety. Thanks for reminding me about the 48 hours thing, Jill!
Think we're organised now, we're using Express Test too, testing Monday for Thursday departure - that gives us a bit of leeway if the results are delayed and Express Test have centres in Heathrow too. £76pp.

LFT's through Virgin discount (Prenetics) are £26pp.

Day 2 tests for return £49pp to order.

I think you're wise to change to Express test, hopefully it'll all work out ok

Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know but you can fill in and submit customs and immigration form online before you go but can be done on arrival.

Before you return home there's also the passenger locator form to submit - from 48 hrs before return to UK.

If I've forgotten anything then input from anyone is appreciated.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by speedwayfan View Post
Think we're organised now, we're using Express Test too, testing Monday for Thursday departure - that gives us a bit of leeway if the results are delayed and Express Test have centres in Heathrow too. £76pp.

LFT's through Virgin discount (Prenetics) are £26pp.

Day 2 tests for return £49pp to order.

I think you're wise to change to Express test, hopefully it'll all work out ok

Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know but you can fill in and submit customs and immigration form online before you go but can be done on arrival.

Before you return home there's also the passenger locator form to submit - from 48 hrs before return to UK.

If I've forgotten anything then input from anyone is appreciated.

Jill
Sounds great! And thanks. Our Randox Day 2 PCR tests arrived today, so they are obviously not meant to arrive when we get home, I must have misread that. I’ve made a ‘to do’ list with what we need to do on each day, but it still feels quite overwhelming. I will feel better when we get that negative PCR test! I would appreciate any input from others too.

Now I’m off to research the fast track for arrival in Barbados. We’ve got young kids and it seems like a good idea after a long flight!

Edited at 09:38 PM.
DisneySarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
I know what you mean about the PCR test, that'll be final hurdle.

Fast track arrival - my cousin used last year

viator

and amongst others there's also

fivestarfasttrack/

I'm dealing with special assistance ATM for our Grandson that has Autism but if there aren't any special arrangements for arrival then I'll be booking one of those options too.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Thanks Jill!
Old 2 Aug 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Well, we fly on Wednesday and we had our PCR tests with ExpressTest Leeds this morning. Really efficient, friendly, gentle service. Hopefully they all come back negative by sometime tomorrow. We booked the fast track service with Viator for Barbados airport too. Will try and report back about how everything goes!
Old 2 Aug 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cracker
Earning More Ears

We got our results from express test leeds 25hours later we also used fast track it was worth every penny got through the airport in about 20 mins have great time
Old 2 Aug 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Apprentice Imagineer

DisneySarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by cracker View Post
We got our results from express test leeds 25hours later we also used fast track it was worth every penny got through the airport in about 20 mins have great time
So good to know, thank you!
Old 2 Aug 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
Well, we fly on Wednesday and we had our PCR tests with ExpressTest Leeds this morning. Really efficient, friendly, gentle service. Hopefully they all come back negative by sometime tomorrow. We booked the fast track service with Viator for Barbados airport too. Will try and report back about how everything goes!

That's good to know Sarah, everything crossed for your negative results.

Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Jill