Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 24 Jul 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Ryanair hand luggage only, still straight to security?

I’m flying to Spain from Stansted in a couple of weeks with Ryanair and I’ve heard a few horror stories of people missing flights due to long lines at checkin and security. I’ve not booked any luggage yet as it’s non refundable, so leaving as long as possible. I’m now thinking of taking just hand luggage to avoid the check in line. (It was over 2 hours wait to check in a case yesterday apparently)
My question is, can you still just go to security as before, if you just have hand luggage, or do you still have to go to check In/bag drop to show COVID paperwork first? Kids Need pcr tests and we will have nhs vaccine certification. Thanks.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I flew Dublin - Stanstead - Dublin at the end of May so not sure if it's changed. You had to upload your covid paperwork when you checked in to get your boarding pass. On the Dub -Stn flight you didn't need to test so my boarding card had a red tick and said I hadn't uploaded the necessary paperwork. On the Stn - Dub return I uploaded my PCR test results and the boarding pass had a green tick to say the paperwork was uploaded. I checked a bag so had to show the proof at the desk and was given a slip of paper to hand in at the boarding gate. Ryanair staff were also checking everyone at the gate who were just traveling with hand luggage.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

We flew to Malta a couple of weeks back and you still had to go to check in (I saw someone with hand luggage get sent back). However, our flight wasn’t even half full so absolutely no queues at all.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
We flew to Malta a couple of weeks back and you still had to go to check in (I saw someone with hand luggage get sent back). However, our flight wasn’t even half full so absolutely no queues at all.
Was that at Stansted?
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We were straight to security as had boarding passes ready to be scanned.
RM2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
We were straight to security as had boarding passes ready to be scanned.
Was that recently?
Old 24 Jul 21, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Was that at Stansted?
No, it was Liverpool. But was RyanAir. But it could be because you have to be vaccinated so they were checking everyone’s vaccination certificates.
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Was that recently?
Friday the 16th, we are in Lanzarote at the moment.
RM2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

We flew Stansted to Palma on 10/7 with just the smaller cases that you put in the overhead locker. We entered the airport and went straight through security, our paperwork ( tests results, boarding passes, and proof of vaccination etc) was all checked at the gate by Ryanair staff before we boarded. 👍
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Thanks all.