Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 29 Jul 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Which seaside town to visit for the day?

Which is the best seaside town to visit for the day not far from London? I’ve been to Brighton, Margate, Hastings, Southend, Bournemouth, Worthing, Clayton many years ago and sometimes head to Boscombe or west wittering just to sit on the beach. We want to walk around a seaside town, go to some shops and a pub where dogs are allowed, see the sea. It’s got to be dog friendly. It can be the places I’ve mentioned because it’s been a while since we’ve been there. Any ideas please? 🙏
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Have you tried Whitstable ? I think you could easily do all that there - there is a nice pub on the beach too !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Have you tried Whitstable ? I think you could easily do all that there - there is a nice pub on the beach too !
Ooh I’m off for a look! Thanks x
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
Ooh I’m off for a look! Thanks x
I think one of our dibbers lives there and would have great tips but I have certainly had a drink in a pub that is literally on the beach and is dog friendly but there are plenty of places around the beach wall that you can eat and drink (well and cheaply) plus its a gorgeous little town with lovely little shops etc.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

This one

thepubonthebeach/
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

I'll give you a big wave Sandra if you come to our lovely little town of Whitstable😃. As Megaflyer says I think we have everything you are looking for.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
This one

thepubonthebeach/
That's Suggs from Madness favourite pub. He's often here with his family as his wife is from the area.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Yes we are going to Whitstable it looks lovely thanks so much, xx
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
That's Suggs from Madness favourite pub. He's often here with his family as his wife is from the area.
I have only drank there - we ate at The Lobster Shack - other end of Town and again on the beach and was truly outstanding

thelobstershack/

And we found it by accident !
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I was going to suggest Whitstable or Herne Bay
If you do go to Whitstable, we always park just along the coast in Tankerton, for free, and then its only a 10 minute walk into Whitstable. I know loads of people who've struggles parking in Whitstable this year, and its also fairly expensive.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List