Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jan 11, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
streamlines
VIP Dibber

Oh we needed this - Day 6 Oh No - Mon 13th Dec 2010

<<< Day 5 - Magic Kingdom

So we work up around 8am on Monday and even after 15 hours of sleep I was still feeling a bit grotty. So after a quick shower and a small bit of toast, we decide that the best course of action was to go to the CentraCare clinic we had seen on Apopka Vineland to get a doctor to see whats wrong and hopefully just give me some pills so we can get to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Tuesday.

A quick phone call to Barclay's Travel Insurance to try and confirm what the processes would be, which seemed to be fax a form with the clinic details to them so that they can process the claim.

We drive the 5 mins to the clinic and report in, we are given some more forms to fill in and start to get them to talk to the insurance company, so that the costs can be covered.

After a 30 min wait or so I am called through to the examination room, and i explain the story so far. The doctor has a think and decided that he can't be certain what's wrong, so they ask for a urine sample and do a couple more tests. But that does not seem to help and I am told that to know what's wrong i will need a CT scan which they do not have but they give me the details of 2 hospitals that do have the scanner.

So we say thank you and head to Celebration Hospital ER department to get this CT Scan.

Celia drives me to Celebration and we call Barclays again to let them know that we are on to a new healthcare company. I speak to the receptionist/nurse and just as celia comes in from parking the car I am taken through to an examination room.

We go through the story again, and provide another urine sample. They decide that CentraCare were right, and I will need a CT Scan so after I have been put on a Drip we are moved to a waiting room. As we seem that we are going to be here for a while, Celia goes off to find some lunch and in the hope that I can eat once the scan has been done, I ask her to get me a sandwich.

I wait in the room, with a TV showing back to back episodes of Phineas and Ferb which after a couple of hours is starting to get on my nerves. But finally I am given some drugged water that I need to have before the CT scan will work. So i down these as quick as possible and the continue to wait.

Finally the family with the Children leave the room, so the nurse starts to flick the TV in the hunt for something else, and stumbles across the Man Utd v Arsenal game on ESPN so as there are only 2 patients in the room and I am the only one awake I ask her to leave the match on as it seems to have just started so it must be about 3pm. So I have not eaten in 7 hours and am starting to get hungry.

About 20mins into the match they finally come to get me and I am wheeled up to the CT Scanner unit, which is decorated to look like a beach area. The room with the scanner is labeled. CT Scan castle room. The Scan is done and I am moved back to the room, in time for the start of the 2nd half.

Other patients come and go, including a couple of cast members from Disneyworld, 1 who had had a concrete table collapse on him, whilst he was having lunch in the Magic Kingdom and a college age girl who had been feeling sick for the past couple of days and had come here with a friend but spent most the time on her blackberry.

At around 5pm I am finally told that I am to be admitted as I have something called diverticulitis which is a problem with the lower bowel and may need surgery, but at the moment they just want to wait and watch.

I am transfered up to a private room, and it is made clear that Celia can stay with me if she wants. I am allocated a Tech, and a Nurse for an hour before the shift will change at 7pm.

The Drip is changed to a pumped version, so I am attached to a large powered machine that will pump the Saline into my system at a fixed rate.

The surgeon is in surgery so I have to wait to see him, he finally arrives at 9pm ish and explains the condition. I have these pouches bulging out of my intestines and these have become infected and have some very small splits, so as they are so small they do not want to operate, and will see how I react to the antibiotics. But to relive pressure on the bowels I can't eat any food for a while, so will need to be put on a intravenous feed. I may be able to have some ice chips tomorrow if i really need something to eat.

So we settle down to spend the night in Celebration Hospital. Not knowing what will happen over the next day or so.

2005 Sept- First Trip to WDW, Dec - First Trip to DLP
2008 Jan - Goofy Challenge at WDW (Poly), Jun - Solo Trip WDW, Nov - Hong Kong Disneyland
2009 May - 1 Day at DLR, Dec - Mousemeets DLP (Newport Bay)
2010 June - The Big 40 in WDW (Beach Club) CANCELLED , Dec - WDW Oh we needed this
2011 April - Dad's Funeral Aug - D23 Expo
2012 June - The "Work" trip to WDW.
2013 May - California First Class
2014 Oct - Cruising the Caribbean
2015 Jun - Pinning for the Fjords

Edited at 02:36 PM.
streamlines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 11, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Cant even get to watch the footie in peace eh! .

On a serious note, not what you need, specially not after waiting so long for this holiday- I hope it all turns out OK

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 11, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh no! what a nightmare but good in the way that you now know what is wrong. Hope you are on your way to a fast recovery.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 11, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh no, hope you get better soon

xxx