Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jun 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have two local Tesco’s depending on availability we use both for c&c. One Tesco’s had the signs up saying stay in you car but they’ve been turned inside out so you do get out and pack your own car which is fair enough however staff are coming and going so the social distancing is forgotten about. The other local Tesco’s insist on packing your car and can pack a car with your order in no time much less waiting time compared to the other one when your packing your own stuff.

As a side note I’ve been into both
Sainsbury’s & Tesco’s a couple of times when my c&c didn’t have my full orders and neither store are actively enforcing the social distancing rules from either staff or customers ive lost count the amount of times Staff have been within inches of me lifting a product off the shelves.

One last thing, check the sell by dates on food, for two weeks running now I’ve had a couple of items out of date by several months, granted it’s refunded by customer service but when you need the items it’s a little frustrating.
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

If it’s any help our local waitrose now does click and collect groceries!
I was in tesco at gatwick last week and they have the click on collect area over in the corner of the car park by the queue to get in, seemed they are getting people to load there own shopping, but no queue for the service at 10/11am on a Friday, they must have had
4/5 bay designated for it by The usual area for it (The rest of the Spaces in the area are being used for the queue) I all very civil outside, then a little chaotic inside, I must work out in they are open at silly o’clock again yet
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
It’s fine to feel uncomfortable that you weren’t allowed to help two people who were helping you, because they are people, not because they are women. .
In my original quote I said this “ I don’t expect people to do things like this for me”

Please note the use of the word people.
You seem to have decided an awful lot about me based on an incorrect assumption
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
In my original quote I said this “ I don’t expect people to do things like this for me”

But you did follow that by saying 'especially the fairer sex'
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

In your OP you said “too young girls” and that phrase certainly bristled with me - I had hopped we had moved away from gender these days and certainly away from using child labour so perhaps just a clumsy use of language rather than anything else. But I think of myself as an equality champion so tend to pick up on these phrases (maybe too much)

``wishing you a peaceful and sunny Sunday

Edited at 07:46 AM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
In your OP you said “too young girls” and that phrase certainly bristled with me -

``wishing you a peaceful and sunny Sunday
But they were two young girls. How am I supposed to describe someone I’m talking about?
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

But they were two young girls. How am I supposed to describe someone I’m talking about?
‘Young people’

or even ‘young women’ If you feel you need to use gender would have been more appropriate language IMHO
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
If they’re loading for you, how do you know if anything is missing?
Basically just like I said in my post #19

Mick
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
But you did follow that by saying 'especially the fairer sex'
I did. And according to my wife they are. I just found it an odd situation for people to be doing something that I’m capable of doing. That’s all I was trying to say
Old 7 Jun 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Used Tesco click and collect today for the first time since lockdown. Drove and was by the two young girls to sit in the car while they loaded shopping into boot. I completely understand why, but I really had to fight my natural instinct that I don’t expect people to do things like this for me, especially the fairer sex. I may be old fashioned but I still open doors, walk closest to the road and do all the lifting and carrying. It was a real struggle just to sit in the car
I didn't read any of this as sexist - just a kind soul who likes to do things for himself and others and we could do with a few more of those in the world.

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List