Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Weight loss help

Due to the fact that I have little will power & an under active thyroid, I am finding it difficult to lose weight. Being left to my own devices doesn’t seem to be working! Does anyone know of any meal plans I could try? I don’t really want to join a group, but need some structure. I was thinking something along the lines of choosing breakfast, dinner, tea & drinks from a list of options (hope this makes sense). Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You can do Weight Watchers in line. I personally advise going to the group as well for best results but it can be done just online. I lost 5 stone with them 5 years ago.
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hols2florida View Post
Due to the fact that I have little will power & an under active thyroid, I am finding it difficult to lose weight. Being left to my own devices doesn’t seem to be working! Does anyone know of any meal plans I could try? I don’t really want to join a group, but need some structure. I was thinking something along the lines of choosing breakfast, dinner, tea & drinks from a list of options (hope this makes sense). Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Have you considered a food box such as Gousto or Hello Fresh?

These are usually a dinner meal but perhaps you could order a box for two people so you’d get two of each meal then you could mix and match them for lunches and dinners. Each recipe has calories listed so you could choose the lowest calorie meals.

Alternatively you could just choose one dinner meal per day for your box and do something like a slim fast shake for breakfast and lunch?
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I do slimming world I go to a group but you can join and follow it online.
You get access to the website where there are meal plans which would help you get started.
There's a new recipe book out which is popular with people following slimming world called Pinch of Nom.
There's also a slimming world thread on social groups where we post meal ideas if you want to have a look.
Another good site is 2 Chubby Cubs they have some lovely recipes but you have to get past some of the rude stories they tell.
Good luck with the weight loss I've lost over 2.5 stone and if I can do it anyone can as I have really poor willpower.
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Download my fitness pal on your phone it’s free

To find out how many calories you should be having if you check your BMI on the nhs website at the end where your results are it tells you what you should have a day

So for me I weigh around 10 stone and on a non running day I burn 1800-2000 calories a day so to lose weight I just set that at 1600

It gives me a good calorie deficit for the week while it’s still a decent amount of calories too

Good luck xx

ETA I lost 8 stone doing this
louiseybobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

I’d second the pinch of nom recipe book, lots of good ideas in there. We had doner kebabs for lunch and curry for tea. Both very low calorie recipes.

I’ve joined weight watcher online as I don’t have time to go to the classes and have lost 11lbs in two weeks, it’s easy to track everything online and there’s a connect group full of like minded people sharing ideas, recipes, weight loss stories. I’m loving it so far!

Good luck!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

If you want one where you have all your meals delivered check out musclefood. They have a plan called 'do the unthinkable' Florida vloggers Krispy smore tried it with great success. I haven't tried it but I do order meat from them as it is so lean and great quality.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m currently giving Dr Michael Mosley’s new 5:2 a go . 800 calories on 2 days, unrestricted calories but generally ‘Mediterranean style’ the rest of the week. I got the book off Amazon for £4 so not a big investment. Ive watched loads of his video clips on You Tube and he talks a lot of sense - backed up with extensive real scientific research - I will never go low fat again.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I too have underactive thyroid, and since going on beta blockers and approaching menopause I’m finding weight loss to be extremely slow and the hardest it’s ever been 😩

I follow slimming world at home, I know the plan pretty much inside out, it’s very easy, there’s a list of free foods, a list of speed foods, a list of fibre rich foods which you have one of per day and a list of calcium type foods which you have one or two of, depending which version of the plan you work from, pre 2019 or the new one. Then you get 15 syns a day to use as you please.

You can get the books online without having to join, or eBay. The key for me is excercise, something I don’t really like doing but it really does help with my metabolism.

I use a free weight loss tracker app, it’s very basic and I weigh myself once a week and record it.

Doesn’t work for everyone, I am fairly disciplined, especially when I have a Florida countdown to spur me on.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lightyear
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm currently finding intermittent fasting along with recipes from Pinch of Nom or Two Chubby Cubs to be very successful.

I eat from 12pm to 8pm and feel loads better for it. Weight is falling off and my stomach issues seem to have cleared up. I do it 5 days a week, I took a couple of weeks off and really noticed how bad I felt.
Lightyear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List