Notices

Old 9 Nov 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They are bargain flights! I remember the thread which included the Lufthansa cheap flights and the BA (glitch) which also had some fab prices. We’ve been lucky and managed to snag Virgin PE reward flights as we had enough miles. (And I got up at 5am to get them! 😂 )

My girls are 15 and 17 when we go to NYC next year. The eldest one is particularly interested in shopping, as is DH so they will be happy with that side of things in New York. Myself and younger daughter will probably get more out of the sights than the shopping. We are also looking forward to the food which is always a big part of our holiday.

Are you moving your Disney dates to make use of the Magical express or just using Uber to get there and back? I’m presuming that you may be staying at a universal hotel for a few days with you having the passes? Although you don’t need to I suppose. I’ve always fancied staying at Pointe on Idrive with all the good choices near by. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Absolute bargain flights Abby, but I'm even more excited that you've booked for 22 nights! Will you be looking at RII again or do you think you might look for different accommodation?

I'm being really selfish now but I'm disappointed that we'll have longer to wait for the dining and trip report xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
They are bargain flights! I remember the thread which included the Lufthansa cheap flights and the BA (glitch) which also had some fab prices. We’ve been lucky and managed to snag Virgin PE reward flights as we had enough miles. (And I got up at 5am to get them! 😂 )

My girls are 15 and 17 when we go to NYC next year. The eldest one is particularly interested in shopping, as is DH so they will be happy with that side of things in New York. Myself and younger daughter will probably get more out of the sights than the shopping. We are also looking forward to the food which is always a big part of our holiday.

Are you moving your Disney dates to make use of the Magical express or just using Uber to get there and back? I’m presuming that you may be staying at a universal hotel for a few days with you having the passes? Although you don’t need to I suppose. I’ve always fancied staying at Pointe on Idrive with all the good choices near by. 😃

Kat
I'm sure Virgin PE will be great. Food is always a bit part of our holiday too. We had some great meals in N.Y. we did the whole hot dogs in central park, which were pretty tasty. Also ate at Juniors and the cheesecake was delicious. Plus we had to do Ellen's stardust diner for breakfast.

At the moment the first 2 nights haven't been booked. I'm thinking a stay on I Drive is what I'll go for as travel day we will just crash so a cheaper option is best as no point paying for something we're not going to get the benefit of. Plus of course lots of tasty breakfast and dinner options on I drive. We've used uber and lyft before in Orlando so will get that from the airport to the hotel.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Absolute bargain flights Abby, but I'm even more excited that you've booked for 22 nights! Will you be looking at RII again or do you think you might look for different accommodation?

I'm being really selfish now but I'm disappointed that we'll have longer to wait for the dining and trip report xx
Yes, really pleased with the cost of the flights. It will end up being more expensive in the end though but I couldn't resist doing a longer trip. I keep looking at Rosen Inn international as it's perfect for so many restaurants.

I know I can't do live reports and so you will definitely have to wait I'm afraid!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

Happy to have another report to read!

We did Heathrow-Frankfurt-mco & the reverse in August 2017 with Lufthansa. They're good
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Happy to have another report to read!

We did Heathrow-Frankfurt-mco & the reverse in August 2017 with Lufthansa. They're good
Welcome aboard! I'm glad to hear good things about Lufthansa. That's reassuring.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Just when I thought I was out, another Abby thread sucks me back in

Love the name of the report, and that lovely intro is just fab! Love a backstory and the photos of the kids are so cute.

Three weeks will be amazing. Great flight prices. Looking forward to finding out more about your plans.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Just when I thought I was out, another Abby thread sucks me back in

Love the name of the report, and that lovely intro is just fab! Love a backstory and the photos of the kids are so cute.

Three weeks will be amazing. Great flight prices. Looking forward to finding out more about your plans.
There's no escape for you now

I'm really glad you're back for another round of this madness. I was tempted to go for a figment inspired title, but in the end I preferred yo ho.

I've been looking at Disney menus this afternoon, I'm finding it hard to make decisions about restaurants. Only a couple of months until ADR day and so I feel like I need to get a bit of a plan together. There's 2 weeks with the DDP and 1 week without so it's going to be a mix of onsite and offsite I think.

Old 3 Dec 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How can I have missed four pages of fun?!

Loved the trip down memory lane, it’s very emotional seeing the kids grow up and it’s lovely that they still enjoy Disney as much as you even after all these years. Even Dave loves it more than he lets on. Isn’t it unthinkable now that you did a non-Disney trip!?

I doubt he’d even think of it or want to get involved in the planning until maybe the night before we travel
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
How can I have missed four pages of fun?!

Loved the trip down memory lane, it’s very emotional seeing the kids grow up and it’s lovely that they still enjoy Disney as much as you even after all these years. Even Dave loves it more than he lets on. Isn’t it unthinkable now that you did a non-Disney trip!?

I'm glad you're back in the game! It's good to have you along for the planning. Even I can't quite believe how many trips we've had. Max is year 11 now and I so hope he's going to want to keep coming to wdw with us for a good few years.

Old 14 Dec 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've been really enjoying your Bare Necessities trip report and really excited to see you're staying at CBR when were are. We'll be there 8-15th August 🙂 We don't have our flights booked however as I'm hoping there will be Christmas sales that give us a good price. I'll be reading along to see how your planning goes and it was really lovely reading the stories behind your previous trips too.