Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jun 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
Whats the betting some of these airlines never go back to a "full" meal service - in order to cut cost.
Its actually one cost cutting decision I wouldn't mind, I can't stand the smell of the hot meals. Always smells like feet to me at least if people are brining cold food it generally doesn't have the ability to stink quite so bad
1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

No ice creams at the airport either I'm guessing
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jaff View Post
We hope we can just take loads of snacks on with us . Probably just get a big meal before we board and snack while on it.
This is what we always do anyway. I have always thought it was a bad idea to try to serve a hot meal and that serving a sandwich, piece of fruit and a cake would be so much better. Much less room to mess it up!
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
A Greggs outlet at the departure gate would be an improvement 😋
One of the benefits of living in the north east, Newcastle airport’s got your back Scotsmomma 😂
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Joan has a serious allergy to onions and airline caterers seem to put them into everything - even the puddings . She'll often have just the tray with the additional cold bits on it and I'll occasionally have her hot dinner as well.

Well I am still a growing lad and I don't know when I'll get to our first Longhorn.

Mick
We love raw onion Gadgey, it hates us, makes us both sick - PE crew lass dishing out cheese and onion sandwiches, only a couple of takers. Mentioned tasty tuna sarny the year afore, she replied nearly all tuna sarny's are eaten and no matter how often they advise the catering dept, catering repeatedly knock out sarny's with raw onion.
Old 5 Jun 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

the food doesn't bother me I agree that sandwiches would be better, but I do enjoy a couple of drinks on the plane

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
We love raw onion Gadgey, it hates us, makes us both sick - PE crew lass dishing out cheese and onion sandwiches, only a couple of takers. Mentioned tasty tuna sarny the year afore, she replied nearly all tuna sarny's are eaten and no matter how often they advise the catering dept, catering repeatedly knock out sarny's with raw onion.
Bonny lass

Joan "discovered" her allergy one Christmas Day around 20 years ago eating some shop bought stock or sauce I think and ended up going to A&E under blues and twos. So fairly serious.

We spend hours in supermarkets reading ingredients and she can rarely risk soups and sauces in restaurants. Guess why Longhorn is a safe bet.

Mick
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
the food doesn't bother me I agree that sandwiches would be better, but I do enjoy a couple of drinks on the plane
Us too , also helps me try to sleep
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
We only buy meal deals from boots, 2 each , and that does us. Water in our chillys bottles, chill and sleep. We dont even use the ife🤣😂😅 we are just pleased to be on our way and away feom the hustle and bustle of home
This is exactly what we do
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 02:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
We only buy meal deals from boots, 2 each , and that does us. Water in our chillys bottles, chill and sleep. We dont even use the ife🤣😂😅 we are just pleased to be on our way and away feom the hustle and bustle of home
Colin, on our last two flights to/from Ft Myers I couldn't be chowed setting up my earphones/IFE, hubs uses his for music. I settled between dozing, reading my Nook and playing Bedazzled... and eating our Boots Meal Deals of course