Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I have Croatia booked for five nights in August - accommodation is £700 . I was looking to move the flight elsewhere in Europe as flight home is now not available- I will honestly say the prices I have seen in Europe for accommodation are not far off what I would pay in UK ( family of 5) but obviously the weather should be a bit nicer overseas . I am just going to swap my flights to next year and if weather here is good just book something in UK at short notice .
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We until a few days ago had a holiday booked to tenerife in August (must change my countdown &#128557 our hotel isn't opening until September 1st its saying at minute although I expect that to change but then again who knows. But if it does open there are still lots of restrictions going to be in place and we paid a lot of money for this holiday for us to be restricted and not relaxing as we like. We were hoping to move to same time next year but like for like its £1500 more... And thats florida prices as my OH kept saying over and over lol. We bit the bullet and got our money back, jet2 have been fantastic and refunded already. Also my daughter has autism, struggling at the minute so in a foreign country with rules that need adhering too isn't going to work for her or us.
Supposed to be off to benidorm this time next week, that's cancelled obviously, getting refunds from easyjet and love holidays is nowhere near as easy as it is with jet2... For European holidays in the future how they have been during this time they will Definately be our holiday company of choice 👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I still have 6 flights booked to portugal next month. Villa cancelled. Can't do anything about the flights yet. Jet2 are saying they are going to fly from beginning of July, Foreign Office still has travel advisory, insurance won't cover cancellation because of FO, to change dates to same next year will cost over £400 oh and there is the small matter of quarantine
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are just in the process of changing our October Greece holiday (and DD’s Wedding 😢😢 ) to next year, too many restrictions and uncertainties in place we want to be able to enjoy it not be constantly worrying about it. Hopefully we will holiday here in the U.K. this year 😊😊
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We shifted our August Greek trip to next year this week.
Feel relieved it is out of our hands.

Have backup caravan in northwales booked (at close to £1k for a week - it seems super expensive).

I may, if quarentine is lifted and prices reasonable, try and get a sneaky week in Europe instead. Will wait and see but think prices are just likely to shoot up. Insurance is another concern too.

I also have a few days in Barcelona in October which I am on the fence about.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have a holiday in Netherlands booked for august. All destinations are fully open, duinrell, Beekse Bergen and Efteling so just waiting on borders opening.

Not looking good at moment as Netherlands won’t be opening them to UK or Sweden until mid July at earliest so it’s a waiting game

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

We have a week booked to Fuerteventura in October keeping everything crossed we can still go!

If not we will be able to change dates I’m sure but really hoping we can go feeling hopeful!

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

All my current holiday plans are cancelled.
Thought about a September road trip around Cornwall staying at some nice hotels. Then added up the cost of accommodation, petrol, eating out, things to do and decided that I just couldn’t be bothered. Plus for a few potential days of rain I’d be paying upward of £2000 just for me.
So I may pop out to my families beautiful house on the coast near Barcelona instead, but only if they are going too, and it would be a family reunion. They live in Gloucester and we live in Kent and this is the longest period of time that we haven’t seen each other, so if they are going there I’d love to be there as well spending time with them, swimming in their pool if the weather is nice and eating nice meals if the restaurants are open and at least we might see a little bit of late Summer sun.
Old 5 Jun 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We're booked for 2 weeks in Menorca early October, I'd love to go as we've already lost Orlando in May and we should be going to Crete soon, will wait and see how things are when flights start going again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

We had Florida cancelled in April.

Ireland has been cancelled in July (first week of the summer hols) and I have booked a self catering house in Scotland fully cancellable as a replacement as I’m not sure even Scotland will be open by then.
At least we could supermarket shop and cook indoors if restaurants are still iffy.

We had Ibiza last week in August booked with grandparents so rather than pay the balance we moved it to next year to remove the uncertainty for the old folks. I’m open to going away in Europe as a family of 4 if it’s an option by then, or if not we might manage a trip to visit friends in Devon and some stop offs on the way.

Also have October half term off work and would normally have something booked by now but sitting tight to see what happens.
Geordieprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List