Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
macchu picchu
Excited about Disney

Mobile Pre TSA green tick

Did online check-in today and my son's (age 13) electronic boarding card has 'Pre TSA' on it with a green tick - ours doesn't. What does this mean - I know you can apply for Pre TSA (we haven't) but why would he have this?
macchu picchu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I think they just choose customers randomly. My daughter (age 16) had this on her boarding card when we flew home on Wednesday. She went through herself and waited for us once she was through as we were ages in the normal line.

If you don't want your child to go through security themselves, I think if you ask they will let them come in the normal line with you. I don't think they will let you go through the pre-check line with him though.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

My son (17) and daughter (15) had this on nearly every AA flight for the past 2 years. Think they have flown about 20 sectors with it.

The pre check line do not need to take electronics or liquid bags out of carry on bags, also shoes and belts can stay on.

If I'm with them I tend to make sure they have my iPad and liquids so it saves me time in the normal line. They are always through well before me
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

My daughter had it last time, she's 14. The rest of us didn't so she went through security with us. They told her she didn't need to take off her trainers even though she was in the regular line with us. They definitely do not have to go through a different line to you.
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bigkid39
VIP Dibber

I had this on our return from orlando in september. I was pre-ticked but my partner and my daugter werent. I went on through and they were 45 minutes before meeting me... although they had sweets from halloween party night in their backpacks (we didnt realise these get scanned for drugs too else i would have put them in my bag!). I just had to put my backpack on the conveyor belt and i walked on through and picked up my bag the other end...no shoe removal, no ipad removal etc
Old 14 Oct 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
How do you find out if you have this
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

It is based on your travel history. We all have it now and very handy it is too.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

On your printed boarding pass the words PRE CHECK are in a bold black printed area in the right hand top side.
This does depend on the airline. Hawaiian are more central, Air Canada and Southwest are more left on the boarding pass
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 04:15 AM  
Link to this Post
macchu picchu
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the info everyone, we'll see how it goes at the other end.
macchu picchu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 17, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

So all three of us had this in February coming home. Does that mean we will have it automatically next time - both ways?
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List