Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Is this good news?

Is this good news or am i being too optimistic :
So in the last 24 hours 209 have died
The previous 24 beforehand was 260
So quite a big drop, have we peaked?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What was the difference in new cases? I think that is the number that will tell us if we have peaked or not. And then it has to be continous for a while.

Orlando/Disney World/Universal x 6 (need more)
DLP x 1

UK -East Coast Trip 23.7.16 - 30.7.16
Porkers on tour Easter 2017
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

I guess any drop in deaths is good, but we need to see a trend over a few days really.
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

I donít think we can make any judgement based on one reading, a little fluctuation probably doesnít indicate anything unfortunately. I think we are still looking at peaking in 2-3 weeks when the impact of current measures will kick in. Of course, I would love to be completely wrong!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
I donít think we can make any judgement based on one reading, a little fluctuation probably doesnít indicate anything unfortunately. I think we are still looking at peaking in 2-3 weeks when the impact of current measures will kick in. Of course, I would love to be completely wrong!
This. We wonít see the impact of current measures for at least two weeks and then there is the Ďlagí before it impacts positively on deaths.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I donít think we will see a proper downturn for a few weeks when the effects of the social distancing and lockdown really kick in. This will allow for the incubation period of two weeks to fully pass and hopefully see a benefit. If the incubation period and the illness period are added together I am thinking 3-4 weeks before we notice a significant and sustained change. I hope I am wrong and to be fair I am not a statistician or medic but it seems to be common sense timescales. Itís flattening the curve.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MSG
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Well it's not bad news! I have no clue what any of it means any more.
MSG is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Well it is good news in that it is less deaths.
But we need to see a trend to be able to answer your question. We have had other single day drops (24/25 March) only for the next day to have a massive increase. Lets see in a week or two.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Is this good news or am i being too optimistic :
So in the last 24 hours 209 have died
The previous 24 beforehand was 260
So quite a big drop, have we peaked?
As mentioned, it's sad news, but we are weeks away from been able to say we have hit a peak.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MSG View Post
Well it's not bad news! I have no clue what any of it means any more.
I agree. A daily statistic of deaths is pretty meaningless. What I'd wish they would announce is:

Daily deaths WITH Covid-19 (this is what they do now).
Daily deaths where Covid-19 is actually the main cause of death.
Daily deaths of other respiratory diseases/illnesses.
Daily number of excess deaths over what they would normally expect to see this time of year.