Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 22 Jan 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
What form of currency did you take?
How did you pay for meals when out and about?
We took some Argentinian Peso for public transport, small purchases (snacks etc) along with US dollars as a backup.
Most purchases (mainly meals) were on a credit card ( cards are widely accepted).
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by swiper View Post
Are you going on the 11 March sailing on the Roald Amundsen?
That’s the one we’d like to do. My husband is retired and I’m in the middle of arranging flexible retirement so hopefully we can book soon. I’d noticed their COVID guarantee ( full money back etc etc ) is only on for another 10 days so we will miss that but hoping to book whilst their flights including is on offer.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
That’s the one we’d like to do. My husband is retired and I’m in the middle of arranging flexible retirement so hopefully we can book soon. I’d noticed their COVID guarantee ( full money back etc etc ) is only on for another 10 days so we will miss that but hoping to book whilst their flights including is on offer.
I am hopeful of booking today or Monday, just need a-few things ironed out. We will both be in our early 50s by the time the cruise comes round, but you have a medical form your doctor has to fill in within 8 weeks of travel. I need to find out what happens if one of you don’t pass the medical.
At the moment we are both very fit and healthy and I hope to still feel the same in 26 months time.
Also adding the extra days, plus flying from an alternative airport other than London as we live in Cumbria.
For the cost of doing this I need to make sure I’ve covered every eventuality.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Exciting times. We loved the Arctic and it’s always been a dream to do ‘the other end’. Who are you booking with ?
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Exciting times. We loved the Arctic and it’s always been a dream to do ‘the other end’. Who are you booking with ?
I’m booking with Hurtigruten direct, why do you know of anyone you can book this with cheaper?
Old 22 Jan 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

No but I hoped you did ! 🤣
Old 22 Jan 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Generally cruise can’t be booked cheaper unless a TA is cutting their own commission I work for a TO and we sell cruise, including Hurtigruten, but there is no extra charge on cruise, our money is made on hotels and flights as “stay and cruise” holidays
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Well that’s it, all booked.
Decided on going 2 days before and having 2 extra nights after.
26 months to plan and get very excited!
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Lucky things. Fab to have that to look forward to. Hopefully we can book in the not too distant future. Does that include your hotels for the before and after bits ?
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Lucky things. Fab to have that to look forward to. Hopefully we can book in the not too distant future. Does that include your hotels for the before and after bits ?
I added 3 nights extra with Hurtigruten what I didn’t realise was- when you get off the boat you actually stay another night at the hotel before flying back to the uk. Plus as long as you dont add any more than 3 days either side your transfers from the hotel and airport are included. The lady I spoke to was extremely good and gave me loads of info I never even thought about.
Let me know if you decide to go 👍