Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Mar 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Anyone stayed at Portofino Bay?

We've stayed at, and loved RPR, in the past few years.

Don't like the look of HRH so much but Portofino looks lovely albeit very different to RPR.

Has anyone stayed there and how does it compare to RPR?
Old 27 Mar 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've stayed at both and PBH is our first choice. It's much quieter and the rooms are bigger

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Loved it, enormous bathroom. So quiet and peaceful. The music shows from the balcony in the evening are lovely.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Loved portofino, would love to go back of our ££ can stretch to it!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

I have booked this for one night in October, hope we go 😀
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

The drive up to Portofino is beautiful, I love Royal Pacific but was really wowed by that drive up to the hotel! We have been to the real Portofino and I do think they have done a fantastic job recreating this resort.
I would definitely say it was a pleasure to stay there and I wish I was there longer and could take full advantage of the setting, we had an amazing room which was much better than Royal Pacific as it had the most amazing bathroom and it’s own little terrace but not sure if the room was a little bit more special as it was our wedding anniversary.
If I had to choose my favourite hotel at Universal it would probably win especially if I had to spend time there without being at the park but I have enjoyed staying at them all. However I honestly would go for the best price for the night I wanted to stay if it was for perks and spending time in the parks-Royal Pacific was weirdly more expensive one year so we ended up at the Hard Rock. I really enjoyed staying there especially for its proximity into the park-it just beats Royal Pacific for the walk in although I still prefer the theme of Royal Pacific compared to Hard Rock.
Re-reading my waffle I guess I just love all of the hotels at Universal and I tend to stay at them depending on my needs-Cabana Bay is a massive favourite especially if it’s going to be a Volcano Bay kind of day and crowds are not particularly busy when we are on holiday.
So what I’m trying to say is I love them both-Portofino feels more luxurious but feels slightly further away from the parks, the only other downside which makes me prefer Royal Pacific is that you can easily pop into the gym facilities and have a shower and get changed if you need to but Portofino doesn’t have that facility...well not in August when it is at full capacity and you can’t use the spa facilities either-it may not be something you have needed but it is the only negative thing I could think of to make Royal Pacific better than Portofino.
Hope I have been a little bit of a help!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

Love PBH. We always book Club level its really good plus you get a deluxe room with separate shower and bath. I just like the fact it’s quiet and a beautiful walk from universal. Sitting outside With a glass of wine in the plaza at night when the opera singers are on, you definitely feel away from it all.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

It looks lovely and I know it’s further away from the parks but is it still close enough?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed there in 2019 and it was a stunning hotel. Lovely rooms, huge bathroom and felt very high end. It’s also a very large resort. However, for us, the vibe just wasn’t there. The atmosphere felt a bit flat and staff seemed more reserved, whereas RPH and HRH just felt more vibrant and alive and more welcoming for families. As a young family, we we didn’t quite fit with the hotels other clientele. We’d stay again but only as couple.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Yes in 2015 when I got a fantastic room rate. Lovely resort, I love to go back. Sat outside the Thirsty Fish with a drink in the evening would be bliss 😍
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List