Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 18, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
What a lovely ending to the story.

As you know, we thoroughly recommend early November. We are not fans of heat either. Most days were 22-25 with one day being 29 (which we really struggled with) but there were a couple of evenings with bitterly cold wind, so we did need our sweatshirts.

We got to do MVMCP (twice last time in fact!) and Food & Wine too.

Looking forward to hearing whether you end up with one countdown or two!
Thank you, good to know that early November might be a bit more Chris friendly weather wise. He would be happy with mid-20's I think.

Christmas party AND Food & Wine sounds like a great trip, I will have to read your report I have been saving your DLP trip to read once I finished this, so now I can start in my Dibb reading list.

Thanks for sticking with me, for reading and commenting!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Hello

I've read your trip report from start to finish and have really enjoyed it. I haven't commented along as I'm too impatient and rush to the next day instead which is a sure fire sign of a great read!

Thanks so much for writing and sharing your trip with us it has massively made me want to book to go back!

Thanks again xx
Hi Joosebug

I am glad that you liked the report and binge read it

I think The Dibb ought to get commission from Disney as it is impossible to be on here and not want to go back, I think

Thank you so much for reading along!

Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I’m a bit of a Swan and Dolphin hater, I just wish they weren’t so ugly to look at! We have been inside the Dolphin, and it is very nice but I am one of those annoying Disney purists. We will make it back sometime for the character breakfast as our list of places still to eat in Disney shrinks by the year.

I am still annoyed on your behalf that Disney couldn’t help you in the rescheduling of your trip, do you know if they honoured Free Dining books for those who booked through Disney?

You’ve inspired us to try House of Blues again, we didn’t particularly enjoy it a few years ago but we’re going to give it another bash as the menu has a nice split of ‘real’ and junk food. It is so frustrating waiting for them to open up the ADRs to Disney though, I am needlessly stressed about this.

Universal tickets really are expensive these days, perhaps I am judging them too harshly (as aforementioned Disney purist). In 2013 we did both parks in one day with Ł99 14-day 2-park tickets, when Diagon Alley opened I figured maybe we would go back again to see it but the prices have shot up (I know, I know, supply and demand), but when we’re only going to be visiting for a day, I can’t justify the cost.

Thrilled to see your plans for next year! Late October is a great time, our preferred time to be honest, we have been lucky enough to do MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same trip once (these days the dates between one ending and the other starting seem to have been stretched a little).

Great write up Caz, thank you once again for sharing, your positive puts a moaning Minnie like me to shame.

P.S. I hope you make it back this year, tell Chris I am very sorry but he is wrong about it being less magical going back every year.
Ah, but the bonus of staying IN the Swolphin is that you don't have to see the Swolphin, hahaha.
I completely agree that the exterior is an eyesore, such a blight on the rest of the area, but the interior was really nice. Not themed but it felt high end and you get many of the Disney perks at a much lower price.

Apparently the restaurants there are good too. Tom & Sarah from Disney Tourist Blog ate at the Blue Zoo restaurant there and reviewed it -Disney Tourist Blog

Now I feel responsible, I hope you like House of Blues as much as we did. As it isn't a Disney restaurant you could probably make the reservation with them directly. Not sure how that works with the DDP though.
We had a fab waiter (Tyler) and a good table that was in the raised part of the room, the food was all hot, fresh and tasted like it was good quality. It's a shame you don't like cornbread as the starter that I had with shrimp and cornbread was delish.

See, $99 for Universal I would not mind in the slightest, but their tickets are creeping up to Disney Prices, and Disney have 4 parks and 2 waterparks. Universal has 2 parks and a waterpark (I don't care what they say, Volcano Bay is a waterpark). It really is not good value for what is a nice extra to our trip, rather than a 'must do'. It may be added to our 2019 trip though as I want to get more use out of my wizard's wand

Oooh, a Halloween party AND a Christmas party would be fun, and a good use for the 'Ohana refund gift voucher I received.
I am thinking on using it for a dessert party though after reading your report. Prime firework viewing and sweet treats sounds like a winner to me.

You aren't a moaning Minnie at all I loved your report and liked how honest you were when things were disappointing.

Looking forward to reading your next report to see where gets a return visit and where you go that is new.

Thanks again for reading and commenting, I do really appreciate it

Old 17 May 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Thank you for reading

2019 should be good. I'm excited to return to Crescent Lake, and Chris is hoping he can do the breweries and sports he missed due to Irma.

I'm trying not to think about the possibility of going with my Aunt too much, as then I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't happen... though I may have reinstalled the Disneyworld app, and was reading the wait times yesterday out loud to Chris. 80 minutes for Space Mountain!

Thanks again for reading along and all of your lovely comments. I'm hoping there will be a trippie to accompany your upcoming trip too
Breweries? Sports? He does know what visiting Orlando is for doesn't he?

One of my favourite ways to spend 10 minutes (ok a bit longer than 10 minutes and yes I know this just a waste of time really when you're thousands of miles away!) is to look at the wait times on the Disney app. In my head it's 'research' so I know what to book FP for, but that's just part of my deluding myself as I already know what FP I want!

I can't resist the trip report now, I love writing them...so yes!

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Ah, but the bonus of staying IN the Swolphin is that you don't have to see the Swolphin, hahaha.
I completely agree that the exterior is an eyesore, such a blight on the rest of the area, but the interior was really nice. Not themed but it felt high end and you get many of the Disney perks at a much lower price.
Ha ha they are ugly buildings, but I've never been inside. As I plan on visiting the crazy golf course there this summer i might try and convince everyone to pop in so we can see what the interior is like.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for writing this, really enjoyed it!
Shkyler is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List