Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Have to admit, the way the prices are going across the board - from flights, to park prices, we may not get back to Orlando again, after speaking about it last night, if we were to go back then we would give the Disney parks a miss & go with the Universal/Busch combo, just between me & the Wife it would save us £630, which is a huge saving & that's without car park & food in the parks.

If we are desperate to do a particular Disney park while we are there, then we would just pay on the day for what we want to do.

I personally feel it will also take a good 2/3 years to clear any backlog of previous bookings that people have made over these last 18 months, we all have different opinions but I won't be booking anything until I feel save enough to do so.

Edited at 12:33 PM.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
VIP Dibber

We are booked for May 2022, not a Disney trip but I Drive stay so Universal, Seaworld and the water parks. Too many changes at Disney I don't see us being back there for a long long time, they just seem to be making it harder for people from the UK to have a Disney trip!
Old 12 Sep 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We have August 2022 and 2023 booked (Virgin holidays). Most probably our 2021 October trip (flight only) will be cancelled any time soon so will use the flights to get a cheeky week/2 weeks away in between as soon as borders are open

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I was wondering if anyone else was thinking the same so glad this thread is going.
We have booked California for Nov 22 (fingers crossed) and we are doing Disney/Universal/Tourist attractions.
Disney on site just isnít justifiable any more in terms of price.
Think we will wait until Epic Universe opens and stay onsite at Universal whilst doing a few days at Disney (will want to do new attractions).
Also really want to do Tokyo but thatís a minefield.
So in short, no Orlando for us until Epic Universe is open!
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Florida? Yes (hopefully).
WDW? Aside from a visit to Disney Springs. Most likely not, unless MNSSHP makes a return. Possibly. Not interested in 2 wk tickets.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International November 2011 I-Drive south - Hilton Homewood Suites Oct 2012 - The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields! Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort - LBV Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise, , Aug 2017, Emerald Island , Oct 2019, Emerald Island & Vero Beach The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

No, decided to hang tight until 2023, too much still up in the air. Hoping for a US trip next year, but not Orlando.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Hopefully.

Universal booked for Mardi Gras - Feb 2022.

Disney and universal booked for Summer 2022.

Universal booked for HhN for oct 2022.

Really hoping at least one of them happens, I feel a little uncertain about Feb but surely summer and October. 🤞
Old 12 Sep 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Helping Mickey

If all goes to plan we'll have 4 trips in 2022, mostly ones that have been cancelled and rebooked. We're due to go in November which was going to be our last time buying 2 week disney tickets. That's likely to be cancelled so we'll probably only do the odd day here and there now.

We're hoping to do a week in a suite in sapphire falls in Feb (activating our 15 month Universal APs) - we'll do a day at EPCOT for Festival Of The Arts as we really enjoyed that one. June is 2 weeks in Dockside in a suite, flying into Melbourne for the first time with TUI. Possibly a disney day depending on crowds. September then for a week for HHN again with TUI in Sapphire Falls. All those holidays are my sister and I but my whole family (5 adults) are flying into Miami with Virgin in December then heading up to Orlando for 2 weeks staying in a villa. Its my sisters 40th in late December and we'll do a couple of days of Disney then.

I'm pretty confident June onwards will go ahead, anything before that not so much...

Edited at 09:00 PM.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Bloody better be! I have a contingency plan incase it doesnít happen, but until weíre told no weíre not going, Iím planning like it is!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Palm Tree Villa, Kissimmee - Aug 20 Covid CANCELLED

Windward Bay/Pop Century - Feb 2021 - Covid Cancelled
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Have September 2022 booked from a few months back. Got a price I can afford, and the deposit is gone as far as Iím concerned so if the worst happens not a huge loss.

Current opinion share in my head is 5% blowout trip with the works, 25% ďnormalĒ universal and wdw trip, 50% universal only, 10% cancel the whole bloody thing and just lose the deposit, 10% hoping it gets cancelled for me and takes the decision out of my hands...

It changes on a daily basis! Not a fan of the new changes at Disney, prefer universal and the relaxed style we have there... but Iíd miss animal kingdom, Epcot and food and wine. Decisions, decisions...

EDIT: Iíll add that this is the least excited Iíve been for a Florida trip. Even in post trip blues from my week in London Iím almost dreading it in some ways, desperate to get there in others.

Next up: Orlando in Sep Ď22... trying to think of another city break first!

Edited at 01:20 AM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List