Notices

Old 13 Sep 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile School cases

Just wondering if schools have to inform if there are positive cases now that bubbles and isolation are no longer necessary.

Anybody know?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

From the information I got I think track and trace will contact if there is a close contact, although the info wasn’t very clear.
We got a message tonight to say that school had now tested every pupil twice and had no posy cases at all. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Positive test reporting of pcr goes via parents to test and trace. Schools are not involved in contact tracing anymore.

One local school to me has 10 of 30 primary children in one class positive. PHE are not interested!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

The schools will know if there’s a positive case though won’t they, as the child will be reported absent.

I know how schools don’t like to release too much info to parents (used to work in one) I just wondered if there was any requirement to inform parents of numbers of positive cases.

I had assumed there might be but sounds likely there isn’t.

I’d prefer to know about cases as whilst it wouldn’t affect dd going to school it might impact other things, like visiting relatives.

We’re doing our twice weekly testing still but would know to be even more vigilant if we knew of cases in the school, year or class.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
The schools will know if there’s a positive case though won’t they, as the child will be reported absent.

I know how schools don’t like to release too much info to parents (used to work in one) I just wondered if there was any requirement to inform parents of numbers of positive cases.

I had assumed there might be but sounds likely there isn’t.

I’d prefer to know about cases as whilst it wouldn’t affect dd going to school it might impact other things, like visiting relatives.

We’re doing our twice weekly testing still but would know to be even more vigilant if we knew of cases in the school, year or class.
Given that many children are asymptomatic, your safest bet is just to assume that there is always a positive case…
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Given that many children are asymptomatic, your safest bet is just to assume that there is always a positive case…
I guess so, I just don’t like the whole not knowing 😢

My aunt came out of hospital today and I know she loves to see dd but it feels too risky now she’s back in school to let her.
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I guess so, I just don’t like the whole not knowing 😢

My aunt came out of hospital today and I know she loves to see dd but it feels too risky now she’s back in school to let her.
You could use lfts on your dd for peace of mind?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
You could use lfts on your dd for peace of mind?
We’re all already doing them but as they’re not that reliable and we’re just testing twice a week I’d just feel better knowing if cases were in the school and at what level.

I guess it might be best to do extra lft if we’re visiting so that a test is done immediately before going.
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We’re all already doing them but as they’re not that reliable and we’re just testing twice a week I’d just feel better knowing if cases were in the school and at what level.

I guess it might be best to do extra lft if we’re visiting so that a test is done immediately before going.
Scottish schools have been sending out what’s called warn and inform letters.

These say there is an increase in cases in say primary 2,3 and 4 but no additional info. So it could be 10 cases in 1 class, 1 in another etc.

We’ve had loads from the high school since Ds went back in the middle of August.

Close contacts are few and far between, siblings or children who’ve had sleepovers….

Ds is testing twice a week, I’m testing 3 times a week, some staff in our school are testing daily depending on their personal circumstances.

Edited at 11:04 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Scottish schools have been sending out what’s called warn and inform letters.

These say there is an increase in cases in say primary 2,3 and 4 but no additional info. So it could be 10 cases in 1 class, 1 in another etc.

We’ve had loads from the high school since Ds went back in the middle of August.

Close contacts are few and far between, siblings or children who’ve had sleepovers….

Ds is testing twice a week, I’m testing 3 times a week, some staff in our school are testing daily depending on their personal circumstances.
Now that’s exactly the kind of thing that I was thinking, not necessarily identifying specific classes but just to see what’s going on in the school, are numbers high, low, increasing or decreasing.

We’re away end of next week so planning on daily testing the last few days assuming dd gets her negative PCR this weekend.