Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Still hopeful (and deluded)
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

From sky news:

White House plans 'new system' for international travel

White House coronavirus response coordinator Jeff Zients has said the United States is a developing a "new system for international travel" that will include new strong mitigation procedures like contact tracing.

Mr Zients told the US Travel and Tourism Advisory Board on Wednesday the administration does not plan to immediately relax any travel restrictions because of COVID-19 Delta variant cases.

"We are exploring considering vaccination requirements for foreign nationals traveling to the United States," Mr Zients said.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
From sky news:

White House plans 'new system' for international travel

White House coronavirus response coordinator Jeff Zients has said the United States is a developing a "new system for international travel" that will include new strong mitigation procedures like contact tracing.

Mr Zients told the US Travel and Tourism Advisory Board on Wednesday the administration does not plan to immediately relax any travel restrictions because of COVID-19 Delta variant cases.

"We are exploring considering vaccination requirements for foreign nationals traveling to the United States," Mr Zients said.
Thank you for posting 😊

Doesn't sound like anything in time for October though. 😢 I feel so blooming down. I'm sure I'll feel better when it's all over tomorrow, I guess. 😔
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Also, doesn't help that my stupid email app keeps telling me I'm checking into Surfside today 😕 Or that holiday extras keep sending me emails about my previously booked September trip even though I moved my lounge booking directly with them 🙄

Edited at 07:02 PM.
MissCellaneous is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Looking at the numbers Covid seems to be on a downward trajectory again in Florida and across the USA as a whole
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
G82
Trying for More Ears

I have just read the article on Reuters regarding the news about the US travel system.

Although it would have been great to have a date mentioned I think this is positive news and sounds like they are talking about implementing this side of the year end? (wishful thinking maybe )
G82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Just cancelled my Portofino Bay overnight stay for October.

Accepted we aren’t going but still sad. Just need BA to cancel the rest then I can move on to think the next holiday.
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Jen just reiterated that there are zero plans to change anything right now sadly
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

45 mins in

State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
Jen just reiterated that there are zero plans to change anything right now sadly
Didn’t sound as clear cut as that, just referred to her comments in august? Discussions ongoing with the working groups. Wouldn’t give a time line. Strategy is to stop the spread and protect Americans. All what you’d expect her to say.

Edited at 08:15 PM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List