Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#1231
Pupbelly
slightly serious Dibber
 
Pupbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by 2020holibubbles View Post
Surely thereís something in the package travel and regulations act which would trigger a refund for those people whoíve booked holiday packages, even if theyíre not cancelling the flight, given that Biden wonít let tourists in. Thatíll be the line Iíll be planning on taking, or something similar, to get my cash back, if it comes to it.
I would like to think you are right, but we weren't going to get into a battle with BA and possibly loose our deposit.

Granted it was 'only' £350 but its the principle, why leave us hanging to the last minute, potentially forcing us to pay our full balance, then end up cancelling and having to refund... which would of course take 10-14 working days

I'm annoyed that due to awful customer service (for whatever reason) we are now tied to BA for our next flight to wherever and they are sat on our £350, which you can guarantee will be worth far less when we come to rebook!

Edited at 03:50 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
#1232
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 17
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
I would like to think you are right, but we weren't going to get into a battle with BA and possibly loose our deposit.

Granted it was 'only' £350 but its the principle, why leave us hanging to the last minute, potentially forcing us to pay our full balance, then end up cancelling and having to refund... which would of course take 10-14 working days

I'm annoyed that due to awful customer service (for whatever reason) we are now tied to BA for our next flight to wherever and they are sat on our £350, which you can guarantee will be worth far less when we come to rebook!
Did you see YorkshireT's post 1217 where they kindly reported that you could get a refund if the day the balance is due and a country border is closed. Most people who had BA Holidays refunded seem to have got them in a few days not 2 weeks. Of course, there is always an exception.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
#1233
Rescuer
Imagineer
 
Rescuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 12

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Fingers crossed for cancellations tonight or tomorrow.

BA have been great up to now, it would be a shame if that changed.
__________________
Rescuers Reports Food - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 x2, 2019 x2 Trips Christmas 2018, April 2019, July 2019, Feb 2020
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#1234
Pupbelly
slightly serious Dibber
 
Pupbelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: Kent
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Did you see YorkshireT's post 1217 where they kindly reported that you could get a refund if the day the balance is due and a country border is closed. Most people who had BA Holidays refunded seem to have got them in a few days not 2 weeks. Of course, there is always an exception.
I did but thatís assuming you could actually get through to speak to a BA person. After many many attempts the patience was wearing very thin day after day.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#1235
Vertigo
Stuck in the Tower of Terror
 
Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Location: Kent
Maybe they are waiting for the announcement from government about changes to the travel restrictions in the hope you may switch your holiday rather than cancel?

I know the USA is outside of our control but if more countries go green and no PCR for double jabbed, it might mean more chance for BA to sell a new holiday.

It was due today but has been delayed until tomorrow.

Just a thought.
__________________
Pre Trip Report2020: The OMG i'm 50, Start the Bucket List! Los Angeles Pre Trippie. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post14236631
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#1236
ABZLocal
Getting Excited
 
Join Date: Jun 15
Just need to sit tight I suggest, try not to stress. Rules change within 14 days of your flight for cancellations so if BA are to cancel, it is in their interest to do before this point.

If you want to move your flight to next year, there's little point in phoning BA until such time as flights are cancelled, they will offer voucher as you are choosing to cancel, not them. You csn take a voucher days before your flight so hold off.
ABZLocal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#1237
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

 
Join Date: May 11
What is everyone doing about paying the balance? We are booked for 16th and keep getting emails saying balance is due.
__________________
SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
#1238
Katnic1
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 15
Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
What is everyone doing about paying the balance? We are booked for 16th and keep getting emails saying balance is due.
Same here, we fly 16th but balance not due until 21 days before which is 25th. Hopefully BA will have cancelled by then as I want to move to next year. I got a great price this year and flights are about double next year, so really hoping I can amend to next year.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#1239
Rapscallion
Trying for More Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Location: East Midlands, U.K.
I have just cancelled my BA flight with a heavy heart.

My balance was due tomorrow for 11th December (booked through netflights). I wasn't willing for BA to be sat on that money... I have booked Disneyland Paris instead for Christmas.

Swapping uncertainty for certainty hopefully.

I was really looking forward to our December trip for Animal Kingdom Lodge but... we will do it another time. Mood music for borders opening just isn't there at the moment.
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#1240
Katnic1
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Sep 15
Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
I have just cancelled my BA flight with a heavy heart.

My balance was due tomorrow for 11th December (booked through netflights). I wasn't willing for BA to be sat on that money... I have booked Disneyland Paris instead for Christmas.

Swapping uncertainty for certainty hopefully.

I was really looking forward to our December trip for Animal Kingdom Lodge but... we will do it another time. Mood music for borders opening just isn't there at the moment.
I read today that its not likely to open until the mid term elections in 22? At least you can move on with your plans now.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Mickey
On 22nd October 4:51pm
Guests can now start their magical adventure before their visit with their very own personalised... Read More »
Posted in Water Park
On 19th October 8:31am
An exhilarating new water slide experience, Reef Plunge, is coming to Aquatica in Orlando just... Read More »
Posted in MagicBand+
On 30th September 3:21pm
As part of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney will be debuting... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X