Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Sep 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
What are your dates? That sounds quite high unless you're looking at the higher tier rooms. I just put in two random weeks in August and it's 242 points for a BCV studio. At $20pp for David's 11 month window, that's $4800.
It was Davids and one other I was looking at! I probably fiddled the days to other peak times for a price though.
What am I doing wrong?! 😆
I reckon 20 august onwards for 14 nights. There are only 3 of us and DS isnt fussed about personal space lol

Edited at 07:19 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Not sure what you're doing wrong, unless you were only reading the 2 bedroom price. Here's the prices I see, 236 points required for a studio on those dates...

ETA: If it's mainly the location you like for Beach Club (rather than guest specific amenities like the pool) you could also consider Boardwalk which would be 1k less for a standard view studio on those dates.

Edited at 07:28 PM.
loldis is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Personally I think DVC rental is too much of a risk until the borders are open. Weve done it previously to stay in Wilderness Lodge (still prefer FQ) but IF the borders are open you could lose your money renting DVC points.
bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
Personally I think DVC rental is too much of a risk until the borders are open. Weve done it previously to stay in Wilderness Lodge (still prefer FQ) but IF the borders are open you could lose your money renting DVC points.
I actually agree with you at the moment, certainly for 14 nights. But I like to give all options so people can make informed choices.

I think the cancellation policy with some of the rental brokers is better now though with the Covid clauses in. And of course there is renting privately, which can be more flexible depending on the owner. All down to how much chance you think you may have cancelling unrelated to Covid. I'd be comfortable booking a few nights, and may do depending what dates my flights end up being.
loldis is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
So for me:

Id do CSR only if I was doing the tower.

Otherwise it would be POFQ. We really liked our stay there. Really compact resort with everything you need. Nice walk across to POR. Transport was fine.

Weve booked POFQ for summer 2022. Im tempted with CSR tower, it wasnt available for our dates when I booked but it is now.

As much as I love the deluxe resorts I wouldnt be renting dvc points in the current climate.
Old 16 Sep 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I think the points made re DVC are very good ones. Ill definitely consider it in future but not this time.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List