Notices

Old 18 Sep 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Nichola Sturgeon will change his mind soon enough. He likes to do the opposite of everyone else, at least for a while, and if not the opposite he will double down on whatever everyone else is doing.
He? 😀😀👍
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wolf1984 View Post
Well said. And about time this government was challenged robustly. Being very close to EDI and knowing people who work there it angers me that it's the people on the ground, those who in fact have been hit hardest are still made to suffer. The cynic in me would question if the real aim is to reduce air traffic rather than prevent the tiny % of variants entering.
Both my nephew and his other half worked at Edinburgh airport. Both were laid off. Itís pretty grim.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Both my nephew and his other half worked at Edinburgh airport. Both were laid off. Itís pretty grim.
It's sad. Scotland needs to take a long hard look at the future it wants to aspire to. Gonna stop there, don't want a political rant. It's a stoopid decision and I will happily trek south where common sense is prevailing.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kcstyle
Excited about Disney

I just had a thought... Its not cause snp is in bed with the greens is it? And they want less airplane landings?

It would be crazy if this was true?
Kcstyle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneySarah
Very Serious Dibber

DisneySarah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Even if they do change their minds and take the 4 nation approach, why be so awkward? I mean, I know why really, but it just seems so detrimental. Arenít the October school holidays 2 weeks long for Scottish children? Is she trying to put people off booking for those before changing the rules? 🙄
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by DisneySarah View Post
Even if they do change their minds and take the 4 nation approach, why be so awkward? I mean, I know why really, but it just seems so detrimental. Arenít the October school holidays 2 weeks long for Scottish children? Is she trying to put people off booking for those before changing the rules? 🙄
Not all authorities have 2 weeks. Edinburgh only has 1 week from the 15th.
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

So looks like common sense has prevailed and a U turn is coming.
dailyrecord/news/p...tests-25036615
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Very Serious Dibber

The hurdles keep falling. Great news. Thanks for the update
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Excellent update! Thank you!

Florida - 04,05,06,08,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19, Covid cancelled 20, 21, 22
Cruises - Caribbean x3, Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Mexico, Mediterranean x2, Greek Islands
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymike
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disneymike View Post
I.e. Theyíll wait 2 days and follow suit, as usual.
OK, took them 5 this time, wanted a slightly bigger show.

As I said on page 1, lot of noise over nothing, this was always going to happen.
disneymike is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List