Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Sep 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Us. We’ve got tickets for Glasgow. It will be Ds’s (14) first concert. Looking forward to it.
Old 19 Sep 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Good to see you are all going too.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

This may be of interest

Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

We went just before the world was reset. Phil sang all night and his son played drums.
Wembley was full. It was a great night and a great concert.
Not sure now but his vocal were as good as ever.
Still love listening to genesis and Buster is one of the best movies to watch if you love a bit of nostalgia and the old world we knew before computers.
I’d say go if you can whilst you can. And that applies to all those great bands and solo artists.

Edited at 11:24 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rosered
slightly serious Dibber

Almost 30 years ago I wanted to go and see Genesis at Roundhay Park in Leeds. Didn't drive at the time and a friend arranged for me to go with someone she new, I bought the tickets and he drove us to the concert. We have now been married for 27 years and have 3 children so Genesis are very much part of our story and we will most definitely be going to see them - 30th September in Newcastle - can't wait!
rosered is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rosered View Post
Almost 30 years ago I wanted to go and see Genesis at Roundhay Park in Leeds. Didn't drive at the time and a friend arranged for me to go with someone she new, I bought the tickets and he drove us to the concert. We have now been married for 27 years and have 3 children so Genesis are very much part of our story and we will most definitely be going to see them - 30th September in Newcastle - can't wait!
That’s such a lovely story.
I think Roundhay Park was where I first saw them all those years ago, I love outdoor concerts
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
randc
Imagineer

randc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
For anyone due to go soon can you post how long the warm up act is on for. I am travelling by train separate to husband on the day as I'm on a course. Hopefully no delays but I will be in less of a panic if I know how long until the main show. O2 due to start at 7pm according to blurb. Thanks
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
He does go regularly to see Steve Hackett as he plays all the music from when he was in the band and not the later stuff.
He also recommends the tribute band The Musical Box who again, play original Genesis.
Not really into tribute bands normally but The Musical Box are well worth a look.
They had some of the original Genesis stage film backdrops and instruments.

Steve Hackett is brilliant as well.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Not really into tribute bands normally but The Musical Box are well worth a look.
They had some of the original Genesis stage film backdrops and instruments.

Steve Hackett is brilliant as well.
I've been to see G2 Definitive Genesis a couple of times. Exceptionally good. They play the really old stuff. They tour country wide.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Steve&Jan
Excited about Disney

To all the doubters you have nothing to worry about, Nic ably fills his father’s boots, might have had a touch of 1st night nerves, there is a small acoustic set comprising That’s all, The Lamb lies down and Follow you Follow me, the rest of the show consists of Genesis’ stalwarts. Phil’s voice got better as the night went on and the band where tight as well, I did miss Chester but it didn’t spoil it. From being teary at the start to fully fledged tears during Carpet Crawlers, the light show was again brilliant as it always is. Saw them on the 1st night of the tour to a standing ovation, please don’t have any worries it made a 61 yr old man very happy.
Steve&Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List