Old 1 Aug 12, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Talking The Gallagher's SKI in Orlando Day before & Travel Day

I have taken a while to put a report together because I left my notes on the plane and I'm never getting them back I have a SHOCKINGLY bad memory, so details will get sketchy, so the report will be mercifully short

The trip is just myself, 46 and DH (Michael) 40

Thursday 24th May / Friday 25th May

Booked a Club suite at the Gatwick Crowne Plaza for £80 we were very pleased with the room, the weather was hot and sunny the car read an impressive 29 degrees! We had a walk into Crawley Town centre but didn’t stay. Instead had a snack at TGI’s sitting outside in the sunshine.

I went for a run later on in the hotel gym and Michael sampled the wares of the club room. I enjoyed a bath with the complete novelty of watching TV whilst soaking, I loved it

We had a room service dinner, watched TV and read a little before nodding off not long after 10pm

Up at around 6am, Michael went out for a run and I took my time getting ready, another novelty TV bath followed by painting my toe nails and generally faffing about.

We had booked using Ace parking and they met us on time to take the car without incident. Virgin UC Check in was painless, security was quick and we were in the lounge ordering breakfast inside 30 minutes of leaving our hotel.

Then we waited 30 minutes for breakfast because they had forgotten about us, but we weren’t concerned, we were too giddy to be bothered.

We bought some duty free fragrances and I bought some bits from Clarins, our biggest extravagance was 4 bottles of Champagne to take with us!

We were on the 1.00pm flight which was on time, we haven’t flown UC on the old planes for a while and it was a bit of a shock to not have on demand Movies and TV . The crew were fab, the food was OK nowhere near as good as previous flights. Afternoon tea was lovely, really nicely served on little cake stands.

Landed on time – NO LINES at MCO, I was staggered, our luggage was waiting for us and we were waiting for Peter from Car on The Drive within 15 minutes of getting of the plane. Due to a fire closing the I4 Peter was delayed, but he kept us updated and we weren’t at all concerned, after all we were early.

Soon enough Peter was dropping us off at our villa at North Hampton Drive on The Highlands Reserve. Our shiny car was waiting for us ... on the drive! We were thrilled with the villa; it was huge and finished to a very high standard

We drove the mile up the road to Publix at Berry Town Centre and did a basic shop, meanwhile we ordered a pizza to go from the Pizzeria on the same block.

Pizza, beer, pool ... and exhale ... we are here ... perfect

Within an hour or so bed was calling my name, and I think we lasted until about 10pm
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Great way to fly

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Great way to travel ! Everything seemed very smooth for you .
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
A really lovely start to your holiday, and it is always such a wonderful feeling to be sat by the pool on that first evening

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely start to your holiday, shame you lost your notes though! Great photos
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start to your holiday, although now I'm worried that we won't have on demand movies either when we go soon. We are going upper class too, and all the other times we have been on Virgin planes (Vegas, San Fran, New York and LA) we have had on demand movies in economy! Boo! suppose I will have I spend more time sipping champagne (😉&#128521
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Fancy leaving your notes on the plane, I once left a bottle of JD which was MUCH more painful.

Love the idea of that hotel, but cant imagine watching a movie in while relaxing in the bath it would be more like cbeebies with georgia in weeing in the water... oh the joys of older mothers.

Flight looks lovely, I would love to be able to sit that far away from my OH,

How are you collaging your photos? Much better idea than putting big warty ones up like I do,

Great so far, keep it up

Bren

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab start

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 12, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great start
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 12, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sweepy17 View Post
Great start to your holiday, although now I'm worried that we won't have on demand movies either when we go soon. We are going upper class too, and all the other times we have been on Virgin planes (Vegas, San Fran, New York and LA) we have had on demand movies in economy! Boo! suppose I will have I spend more time sipping champagne (😉&#128521
Have a look on Virgin Atlantic website if it's an older plane without a refit it will be the old system. Fingers crossed its a new one. But like you say just drink more fizz

Originally Posted by Irishrover View Post
Fancy leaving your notes on the plane, I once left a bottle of JD which was MUCH more painful.

Love the idea of that hotel, but cant imagine watching a movie in while relaxing in the bath it would be more like cbeebies with georgia in weeing in the water... oh the joys of older mothers.

Flight looks lovely, I would love to be able to sit that far away from my OH,

How are you collaging your photos? Much better idea than putting big warty ones up like I do,

Great so far, keep it up

Bren
Bren, you crack me up I love reading your trip reports they have me howling. I feel your Jack Daniels pain!

I used Picassa to put the collages together. I had put lots of captions on them but when I put them through pix resizer and uploaded to photo bucket they vanished, but hey ho

Thanks for reading everyone and your lovely comments xx
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List