Notices

Old 18 Oct 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
macchu picchu
Excited about Disney

Relaxing At (mostly) Universal - Day 2, Shopping, Disney Springs And Aquatica

First stop was a Denny's on the way to the Premium Outlets at Vineland Rd. We all had breakfast from the $2/4/6/8 menu - DS had all you can eat pancakes (which turned out to be less than he thought he could!) while DH and I had the value slam (2 pancakes, eggs and bacon). Good value for $4 each.

Only DS was successful with shopping - new basketball boots, an Orlando City top and a couple of footballs. Then on to Disney Springs - we went to the top of the new Coke building and tried the combo tray. Lots of different drinks from around the world- some nice, some horrid.

And we did trick DS into trying the Beverly! It was so bad he promptly downed the Sunfill Mint, which he had previously described as 'mouthwash'.

Quite an overcast day today. Had lunch at Earl of Sandwich and pottered through some shops. Lots of changes to Disney Springs since we were last there 2 years ago. I found some of the new areas quite soulless - just lots of overpriced shops, not very Disney.

Then off to Aquatica for an hour before it closed- straight on to my favourite, Roa's Rapids. The boys also did a couple of other rides - Omaha Rocks and something starting with W. There was a bit of rain, didn't last long - the park was very quiet.

Had dinner at Twin Peaks on I Drive - DS was delighted to count 32 large screens showing sports. So he was able to watch baseball and football as he had his very spicy wings.

macchu picchu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by macchu picchu - 18 Oct 17 9:01 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good shopping day well at least for your son

Joan
Old 19 Oct 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow breakfast was cheap! I agree that the new area in DS is more mall than Disney but my daughter liked Sephora and we got some nice quality Disney t shirts in Uniqlo.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Breakfast sounds good to me - I tried the all you can eat pancake route for one of our breakfast recently - like your DS, I couldn't eat as many as I thought I could! His spicy wings look delicious - I do love some wings.