Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Aug 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
longles
Getting Excited

Visiting Disney Hotels

Hi,

We have stayed at a few Disney hotels now and have always had to show our reservation to get passed the security man at the entrance, We are thinking about for our trip next year to go and have a look around some of the hotels we haven't stayed at before, has anyone done this with no reservations at the hotel and does the security let you in to just have a mooch around?

thanks in advance
2018-CR,YC,RPR... 2020,2021-cancelled 2022-emerald island,swan,HRH
longles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Over my 15 years on here for every answer "you need an ADR to park at the hotel" there'll be another saying "we just rock up and they let us park to have a look round"

We never stay on site but every holiday we park up at DS and catch a free WDW bus or boat to do a tour of some resorts.

Mick
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
longles
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Over my 15 years on here for every answer "you need an ADR to park at the hotel" there'll be another saying "we just rock up and they let us park to have a look round"

We never stay on site but every holiday we park up at DS and catch a free WDW bus or boat to do a tour of some resorts.

Mick
thanks that was my other plan
longles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

We have walked around a number of them. The only time that we have been challenged is when we have driven to the resort (and then normally they ask to see a dining reservation).
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by longles View Post
thanks that was my other plan
Park at the eastern end of Orange garage and you're near the bus depot.

Mick
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post

I will be doing this shortly as I have a few unexpected days added on at the beginning of our trip when I won't have park tickets. I won't be driving though, I will be going to Disney springs and getting buses from there. I am not expecting any problems with looking around.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
longles
Getting Excited

i was mainly on about driving directly to the hotels and parking for a while, but i think disney springs is the way to go forward.

cheers
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
WDW365
Trying for More Ears

We found that they simply require some photo ID and let you in for a couple of hours if they have space available. We visit lots of the resorts and find it far easy taking the car rather than having to get bus from Disney Springs.
WDW365 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by longles View Post
i was mainly on about driving directly to the hotels and parking for a while, but i think disney springs is the way to go forward.

cheers
We never only visit one resort. Done it maybe 30 times+ over the years and we don't just park at DS to catch the bus as we have a good mooch around there at the same time.

Just one example. Catch a bus to Wilderness Lodge then a boat across to Contemporary. Have a ride round the monorail to the other two resorts then catch a bus from one of them back to DS.

Or a bus to Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach or Boardwalk. Always the same bus for us. Sometimes we get off at Swan and catch the free bus to the others and across to HS. If we stay on bus all the way to Boardwalk we'll still do the boat ride round the others.

And more options are to catch a boat from one of the docks at DS to visit POR, OKW or SSR.

Be wary though, that in our experience, the buses to the monorail loop hotels or to the Boardwalk don't start until 11 am. That's to make it less attractive for people to park free at DS and visit the parks without paying to park. Contemporary is walkable to MK. HS and EPCOT similar from Boardwalk (and also boat from there)

Mick