Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26 May 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber
 
NewtoOrlando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Location: Middlesex
Mobile Gulf coast beach areas...

Other than Anna Maria Island, where is there that is a lovely beach side location on the gulf coast? Somewhere where we can walk to the beach, and somewhere to eat etc? We would want a house/villa, we wonít rule out a short drive but just wanted to know if there was anywhere else along the coast that is similar?
__________________
October 2019 trippy is here!


Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Palm Tree Villa, Kissimmee - Aug 20 Covid CANCELLED

Windward Bay/Pop Century - Feb 2021 - Covid Cancelled
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
ChrisS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Durham
Hiya NtO - hope you and yours are well

We're SW Fl tarts, we enjoy Bokeelia on Pine Island and whilst we're not beach people we thoroughly enjoy the island pool.

Examples of where you may like, Sanibel and Captiva, tremendous beaches, take a 'drive' on the map I've set up for you HERE across Sanibel Causeway. Areas to stay include Naples, Cape Coral and Ft Myers Beach. I have a long list of things to see and do that may interest you depending on how long you plan to be in the area, shout if you want to see/peruse at your leisure I'm sure you'll like the area, we've never tired of it in over 20 years, but, for us, the cherry on top is Bokeelia and Pine Island.
__________________
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
greekgranny
Imagineer
 
greekgranny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 18
Siesta Key
__________________
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Falmouth
Anywhere pretty much between Pensacola, Destin and onwards to Panama on the Panhandle.
Anywhere pretty much between Clearwater and Naples on the better known part of the Gulf Coast.
You have quite literally hundreds of miles to choose from.
I would be delighted with any of the below and have sampled them all..
Pensacola Beach
Destin in front of Henderson State Park
Clearwater
Anna Maria
Holmes
Bradenton
Fort De Soto
Venice
Casperson
Naples
Delnor Wiggins State Park.

Others like Siesta Key, Treasure Island and Sanibel, but I cannot comment as I have not been.

It is really down to research and knowing what you want. For me, it would be Pensacola or Henderson State Park, but they are all stunning.
__________________

2005 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2015
2017 Panhandle purgatoryhttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1193744
2018 Californiahttps://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1072473
2019 Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples.
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1137302
future...Arizona/Cali/Nevada 2021
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14647964
Toronto & Florida 2022. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1197381
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Redsox77
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 12
A big thumbs up for Treasure Island 👍😊
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Dec 11
Location: Middlesbrough
Agree with all the recommendations above, but for me Fort Desoto is the greatest place on Earth, closely followed by Bokeelia/Pine Island, Lovers Key FortMyers, Cape Coral, Honeymoon Island and Sanibel and Captiva Islands.
Not a big fan of Clearwater, but love all the coast from Fort Myers up to Spring Hill.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
ChrisS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Durham
Originally Posted by Ninnybobs View Post
Agree with all the recommendations above, but for me Fort Desoto is the greatest place on Earth, closely followed by Bokeelia/Pine Island, Lovers Key FortMyers, Cape Coral, Honeymoon Island and Sanibel and Captiva Islands.
Not a big fan of Clearwater, but love all the coast from Fort Myers up to Spring Hill.
Hiya Ninny We liked nipping down to the Keys, but as Pine Island's Matlacha, SJC and Bokeelia is a Key to us we're very happy to stay put, it covers our needs very well
__________________
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Dec 11
Location: Middlesbrough
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya Ninny We liked nipping down to the Keys, but as Pine Island's Matlacha, SJC and Bokeelia is a Key to us we're very happy to stay put, it covers our needs very well
Hi Chris
Will be back on Bokeelia in late February (hopefully) if we can find a rental property close by. Canít wait to visit Captain Cons and spend an evening fishing on the pier.

Going back to the original post, I should have added Apollo Beach to my list. The location ticks all the boxes with regard to travelling to different locations.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
anji
Imagineer
 
anji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 04
Location: Southampton
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya NtO - hope you and yours are well

We're SW Fl tarts, we enjoy Bokeelia on Pine Island and whilst we're not beach people we thoroughly enjoy the island pool.

Examples of where you may like, Sanibel and Captiva, tremendous beaches, take a 'drive' on the map I've set up for you HERE across Sanibel Causeway. Areas to stay include Naples, Cape Coral and Ft Myers Beach. I have a long list of things to see and do that may interest you depending on how long you plan to be in the area, shout if you want to see/peruse at your leisure I'm sure you'll like the area, we've never tired of it in over 20 years, but, for us, the cherry on top is Bokeelia and Pine Island.
Us too! We love Sanibel and I've just followed your link and ended up 'walking' from where we love - The Dolls House at Parrot Nest Cottages - to the beach. Now a bit teary Bliss to me is up at dawn to go shelling and watching all the seabirds feeding. Will go back ...
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
ChrisS
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Nov 10
Location: Durham
Originally Posted by Ninnybobs View Post
Hi Chris
Will be back on Bokeelia in late February (hopefully) if we can find a rental property close by. Canít wait to visit Captain Cons and spend an evening fishing on the pier.

Going back to the original post, I should have added Apollo Beach to my list. The location ticks all the boxes with regard to travelling to different locations.
Hi Ninny, if we do get out there, and you want accommodation let me know, I'll see what I can rake up - does it need to be on water/how long & how many bedrooms/number of guests/price et al. Just bear in mind Jan to March/April is high season.

One of the Dock Masters, who lives in Bokeelia, is a London lad, he's good to be on the pier with. I'm happy to help with anything I can Currently, and I know issues can change, there's 5 C-19 infections on the island, be canny if it could stay that way. I know I give much info out re SW Fl and confess I forget how much I bang out (chemo messed up short term memory), so ignore if I've given some afore. HERE is the live cam for Bokeelia Pier, if you look at the boxes down the left hand side you'll see live cams for Pineland Marina, Fourways Marina (on the left just afore the sharp lefthand bend to the pier), D&G, Berts and Gulf Coast Kayaks in Matlacha, Gasparilla, Ft Myers, Cape Coral and Castaways on Sanibel. There is some good preserves to visit on the island, and, the wonderful 5* Capt Bruce (HERE) with his 21' double bimini pontoon boat for heading into Pine Island Sound from Maria Road Marina, you're out for circa 7 hours and he charges $50pp, minimum of 4.

If you're interested in wildlife there's the North Fort Myers live cam for Harriett and M15 baldies. There's a thread dedicated to them and the NE Fl baldies HERE where you'll find links to the live cams.
__________________
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MagicBand+
On 30th September 3:21pm
As part of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney will be debuting... Read More »
Posted in Hey Disney
On 28th September 7:33pm
Today, Amazon and Disney announced ‘Hey, Disney!’, an entirely new kind of voice assistant that... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 4th September 7:52am
Walt Disney Travel Company is excited to announce the launch of its brand-new, star-studded podcast... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X