Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jun 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gonnahappen View Post
I know exactly how you feel, it has taken over every other passion in my life, football is now meaningless compared to this subject.

The reality is there’s no chance for august, I’d bet my life on that.
Still positivity from me for August 🌈
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneybear View Post
Telegraph are reporting this from Grant, as of about 20mins ago:

Grant Shapps has cast doubt on a quick resolution to allow transatlantic travel given "complexities" linked to the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab and US vaccine status checks.

The Transport Secretary told MPs that talks between the United Kingdom and United States have begun and "progress is being made" to reopen travel between the countries.

But he cautioned that there are a "whole series of complexities to resolve" before an agreement can be reached.

Mr Shapps told the Commons: "For example, the US does not recognise AstraZeneca, currently because AstraZeneca hasn't applied for the licence.

"On the other side we don't have any particular system to recognise vaccine status from the United States because they don't have a digitised system as we do with our NHS – they have 50 separate systems.

"There are complexities."
Hang on I thought another poster watching The Commons said upthread that Schapps said he didn’t recognise the stuff in the press about the AZ vaccine. Did he actually say what The Telegraph are reporting? Surely he can’t be going around saying AZ is a problem after everything we’ve already discussed on multiple threads (WHO recognition etc.) Sounds like he’s really trying to stop us going anywhere if he’s trying to say this is an issue.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
It's looking awfully grim for us August dibbers.
4th of July would be my last hope for some huge Biden announcement, but I feel that would be leaked in the press by now. And why have a task force if that's the case?
I think like some have said 10 days is probably the limit for most of us. In that time most of August will have been cancelled by the airlines.
Then any last minute flights that do pop up if the borders open will be stupidly expensive and price most families out.

Due to school commitments it means we will need to push it back a year.
I just don’t see July 4 as a date for that sort of announcement, sadly
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Yes shapps has just said:
The task force meets weekly.
We should discount that any uncertainty re the AZ jab is holding up talks.
The variance in individual state systems that is causing issues.

Someone posted this but telegraph is saying that it is a problem? 🤷🏻

2014 - Highland Reserve // 2016 - Thousand Oaks (Tui) // 2019 - Southern Dunes (Virgin) // 2022 - AOA TBC (Virgin)
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
I just don’t see July 4 as a date for that sort of announcement, sadly
Neither do I State27
I think it could blot Mr Biden's copybook since the holiday is a commemoration of some USA colonies separation from Great Britain:
copied this from the internet:
The Fourth of July celebrates the passage of the Declaration of Independence by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. The Declaration announced the political separation of the 13 North American colonies from Great Britain.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Neither do I State27
I think it could blot Mr Biden's copybook since the holiday is a commemoration of some USA colonies separation from Great Britain:
copied this from the internet:
The Fourth of July celebrates the passage of the Declaration of Independence by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776. The Declaration announced the political separation of the 13 North American colonies from Great Britain.
I was thinking more of an open to the whole world more than the uk
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

I think Grant Shapps is backing up the story in the FT with his comments in the Commons today. Problems with AZ in the US, and each state having its own means of proving jab status, rather than having a national system like ours.

It's all looking like for working families, like ourselves who need to take holidays in the six weeks, that we'll miss the reopening if its September/October time.

We have a back up plan, so we'll still be taking the kids somewhere, but it's a case of how long do we leave it.

If there was an announcement first week of August, saying we're opening the border in two weeks time, we'd still go.

But I think I'm grasping at straws with that kind of thought.

Human nature to try to stay positive in the face of solidifying real world blocks to us getting on that plane 🙂
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
I think Grant Shapps is backing up the story in the FT with his comments in the Commons today. Problems with AZ in the US, and each state having its own means of proving jab status, rather than having a national system like ours.

It's all looking like for working families, like ourselves who need to take holidays in the six weeks, that we'll miss the reopening if its September/October time.

We have a back up plan, so we'll still be taking the kids somewhere, but it's a case of how long do we leave it.

If there was an announcement first week of August, saying we're opening the border in two weeks time, we'd still go.

But I think I'm grasping at straws with that kind of thought.

Human nature to try to stay positive in the face of solidifying real world blocks to us getting on that plane 🙂
I would agree,

Telegraph reports issues and sept being the earliest.
I think it over for us August dibbers now.
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
I would agree,

Telegraph reports issues and sept being the earliest.
I think it over for us August dibbers now.
Don't get me wrong, I'd be jumping for joy if we could go, but seems pretty unlikely for our particular circumstances. Think those looking at autumn departures could well have it work out for them, which will be fantastic after the last 18 months of crap we've all gone through.

We'll hopefully make use of our Disneyland Paris Annual passes if Macron let's us in.

Our Estas last two years I think? So maybe next year if we could afford flights 🤞🤞
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Quartz
Excited about Disney

The BBC backs up the now AZ issue

Shapps says MPs should "discount" media reports suggesting that uncertainty over the status of the AstraZeneca jab in the US has led to a deadlock in the talks.

However, he acknowledges there are "very real problems", including that states in the US all use different systems to show whether people are fully vaccinated.

I would tend not to see that as an issue as I think Broadway shows have said that it is ok as it is WHO recommended
Quartz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List