Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jul 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

My first 2021 Trip Report

I took my wife for a trip to the motorhome show today in Newbury as her yearly treat:

I bought the tickets online at £5 each and parking was free). We arrived there at around 11.30am and it was quite busy (around 5 minutes queue to get in).

Lots of stalls selling mainly tat, and the same stuff I saw at shows 30 years ago. I bought Mrs MH some fudge and it was £4 but worked out at around 45p a piece of fudge so I told Mrs MH to make it last.

It was very busy which was good news for the stalls and motorhome companies.

We went into a few motorhomes and we liked a couple, but we have no plans to ever buy one which made me wonder why we even went to a motorhome show.

I was going to get a coffee but the queue was far too long, and we were grateful we stopped off at the motoway services on the way and bought some marks and sparks sandwiches because the food stands weren't very exciting (hot dogs and hamburgers).

We stayed for just over an hour and I then took Mrs for a little trip on the river on the way back in our tiny boat.

So I hope you've enjoyed my trip report and please free to ask me any questions.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
We went into a few motorhomes and we liked a couple, but we have no plans to ever buy one which made me wonder why we even went to a motorhome show.

Is it just motorhomes that you have no plans to ever buy or do you feel the same about caravans also, either tourers or static?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post

Is it just motorhomes that you have no plans to ever buy or do you feel the same about caravans also, either tourers or static?
No plans to ever buy any type of caravan. My mum has a nice static caravan on a Haven site with all the facilities and I could stay there for free but I don't

I might go to a narrowboat show next even though I've no plans to buy one of those either
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KristinasCrafts
I want to go now!

What flavour was the fudge?
KristinasCrafts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Mh as they say in my neck of the woods “ur not wise” 🤣🤣🤣🤣
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Great first trip report MH

Constructive criticism- photos would make it more interesting 👍🏻

Edited at 04:56 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

It is traditional for a trip report to have lots of very informative photo’s, particularly of dole whips, bagels and waffles, in order that we DIBBERS can recognise them.

Images of the fudge and perhaps the M&S Sandwich would be particularly helpful.

I assume that your trip report remains under construction at this time!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:37 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KristinasCrafts View Post
What flavour was the fudge?
Mrs MH went for a variety of flavours (the mint and choc was a bit sickly).
Old 9 Jul 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It is traditional for a trip report to have lots of photo’s, particularly of dole whips, bagels and waffles.

Images of the fudge and perhaps the M&S Sandwich would be particularly helpful.

I assume that your trip report remains under construction at this time!
Sorry the pictures aren't great but the one with the sports camper trailer was only £16,495 (which is basically a mattress in a trailer) and I told Mrs MH I would buy her it if I won the lotto. She said that no way would she sleep in 'that thing' (her words) on her own let alone with me in there farting all night. Sometimes I think Mrs MH is soooooo ungrateful

Edited at 10:11 AM.
Old 9 Jul 21, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Quite a stunning day out. I am surprised people ever go to Florida when we have so much to do right here and now.

Staggered by your passion, enthusiasm and style in your report.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List