Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Sep 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cookiepat
Getting to know the DIBB

Coronado Springs tower

Hello,

I am looking for a bit of advice. We have booked a preferred room at CRS for next August. There are 4 of us me, my husband and my two daughters (12 & 14). We have the option to upgrade to the tower for a extra £150. Is it worth swapping to stay in the tower and what are the advantages or disadvantages?
Thank you in advance
Cookiepat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would upgrade to the tower for £150 without hesitation, it's my favourite non-suite room on property. Internal corridors, more square footage (although a lot of that is the hallway rather than a larger bedroom area) and the views are beautiful. Other than not having a balcony, it's absolutely a deluxe room at a moderate price.

But there are some downsides to the tower...

The shower has a clear glass door and is in the main vanity area, only the toilet is separated. So you can't really have someone using the vanity while someone else is taking a shower like you can in the standard rooms. So could slow you down getting ready in the mornings.

Preferred is all in Casitas which is the first bus stop on the CSR loop, where tower is the last. But you can always walk over to the Casitas stop (5-10 mins) if you find the buses are too crowded by the time they reach you.

Also FWIW, I've stayed preferred and don't personally think it's worth the money over standard. So I would either downgrade to standard (if available) with a request to be placed in Casitas, or upgrade to tower.

Edited at 06:49 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

State of the Art Wi-Fi

Superior views over Orlando or Theme Parks (fireworks) for higher rooms

Bus Stop nearby (last stop)

Rooms reached via lift

Use of gym

New decor

New fixtures and fittings

Brand new interactive TVs

Excellent Lounges for drinks

Covered walkway to Food Court

Disney332
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano
Imagineer

Deano's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Like others I have stayed at CSR 3 times twice in Casitas and once in Cabana's and now I have been in the tower its an absolute no brainer for £150.
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Excited about Disney

Do you have the dining credits on your current booking? If so, make sure these are transferrable as many room types were excluded from the offer.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / 2021 - Rescheduled / 2022 - HRH & Coronado Springs (hopefully...)
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
Do you have the dining credits on your current booking? If so, make sure these are transferrable as many room types were excluded from the offer.
Thankfully CSR has fewer exclusions than the other moderates. For the tower, it's only the club level rooms excluded.
Old 14 Sep 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cookiepat
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you for the advice. Yes we would still get the dining credits.
I think I am debating it because I like the idea of just opening my door and being outside and not being in a hotel. However, the tower looks amazing and it is so close to all the amenities and pool. I just don't want to regret my decision.
Cookiepat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Other than the lounge and restaurant in the tower itself, the rest of the amenities are actually between the tower and preferred sections in El Centro. I don't think there's a huge advantage one way or the other time wise, although the walk from the tower is undercover which can be nice to escape the heat/rain in August.

Same for the pool, since it's between the Cabanas and Ranchos section which is across the lake for both. Slightly closer to the tower, but maybe equal by the time you get out through the lobby depending where in preferred you end up placed. I would actually stay in standard if pool proximity is important.

Edited at 08:59 PM.
Old 14 Sep 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
The tower looks gorgeous.

We are booked for POFQ and I am very tempted to switch. Weíve stayed at POFQ before snd loved it but it would be nice to try somewhere new and the tower looks fab.
Old 15 Sep 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Iím deliberating over this too. Hadnít thought about the lack fresh air so thank you to
Whoever pointed that out.
I think that might rule the tower out for me. Itís what I dislike about all of the Loews hotels

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List