DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
August 2012- Chiverton Family Returns - Semi Live Day 1

Pre trip report here

Travel to the Airport- August 15th

Got up early after an eventful night.

For some reason the fire alarm decided to go off at 3.25 this morning waking up everyone except my son who slept through completely unaware of the fuss going on around him! No smoke to be found so we think a spider walked through it and set it off however my dad will now come round later on and have a look at it for us. Where would I be without him?

At ten o’clock on the dot I tried unsuccessfully to check in online with US Airways- the second time looked promising but when it came to printing boarding cards it said ‘ the computer says nooo’ and chucked me out, telling me to check in normally at the airport. That was a waste of a half hour of my life! Never mind, shortly after my dad and brother turned up with the two cars to take us all (and the suitcases) to the airport. All loaded up, we said goodbye to all the pets (4 dogs, 1 cat, 2 degus and the rabbit) and of course our house sitter, my sister in law, and set off for the coach station. We arrived nice and early and sat waiting for the bus before Shanna decided that the chips from the chip shop behind us smelt pretty appetising and Pete and Shanna set off and came back with an impromptu fish and chip lunch whilst we waited. Suitably fed, the coach arrived promptly at twelve fifteen and we set off.

We arrived at the Hilton about 4.20pm and checked in quickly, paying the balance of our bill (£32) having used some Tesco vouchers, which gives us the buffet breakfast the next day too, which I am very happy with. The room was large and bright, a little worn, but for £32 who cares!

[IMG][/IMG]

Went to Weatherspoons in the airport for dinner- not a great idea as it turns out. Pete ordered burger, I ordered eggs benedict , James a club sandwich and Shanna nachos. They were completely out of burgers (really? ) and didn’t have j20 either. Pete therefore decided he didn’t want anything else on the menu and said that once our food arrived he would go out for a smoke. I suggested he waited till we finished as we wouldn’t be long, but he insisted a smoke would be the best course of action and said he would come back to meet us at the table. I told him I didn’t have my phone as it was charging in the room, and he toddled off once the meals arrived.

After we had finished, no sign of him. We left the table and waited outside… half an hour passed and still no sign of him. I know it’s a bit of a walk to the smoking area but this was ridiculous. Of course, I had no phone, and both the kids had left their phones in the room too. We had no way of getting in touch with him and I had no idea of his phone number as I just dial speed dial on my phone! Should we move, stay put? He didn’t have the room key so couldn’t get back in the room…. Another 15 minutes passed and in the end, I sent Shanna back to the room so she could call him from my phone and gave her a pay phone number which was outside the restaurant and told her to call me. 10 minutes later Pete rang and was all surprised that we hadn’t gone over to the hotel reception where he ‘had said he would be’ ? NOT HAPPY! :angry:

James and I trooped back to the hotel and he knew by our faces we were not happy. He had been happily drinking a couple of beers in the hotel bar ‘waiting’ for us whilst we were waiting for him in the place he had told us he would meet us. Not a great start to our relaxing holiday, as tempers were a little frayed. Nothing was said but there was a little bit of an atmosphere which I tried to shake off as best I could, despite the daggers in James’ eyes (he is not the most patient of souls at the best of times)!

Both kids then showered and settled down on the bed, I think the trip in the coach had taken it out of them both, despite their ages. TBH we all felt the same I think. A few quick phone calls to family at home and to check on the animals and then an early night was had by all.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 12, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Excellent start Loving the misunderstanding LOL! I love a bit of a domestic in a trippie. Reminds me of us!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 12, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Its so great to read this "semi" live reports! We are staying at the Hilton for the first time in January so good to see some pics.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 12, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great read.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 12, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

hope next day is better, you need a day or so to get into it
Old 18 Aug 12, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Men eh! Room looks nice.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 12, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oops!
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 12, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Sounds like the misunderstandings we normally have (ie. hubby not listening :angry: ) great day, rooms look huge in the hilton
lovedisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 12, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post

ha ha, how normal is that holiday start eh. Just the thought of him enjoying his beer whilst you fret, yep, you done well to keep it as cool as you did Pauline

Off to find day two now as im only just cathcing up
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 12, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh the joys of travel days Room looks nice looking forward to hearing more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List