Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Mar 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Code shares

We are booked on an Air France/Virgin code share. We've already booked our seats on Virgins website for the way out, however, they haven't released the return date yet. Our return is showing on the Air France website but is on a Virgin plane. Their website states we will not be able to book seats until check in
Does anybody know if (once our return date goes live) our return flight will appear on Virgin's website so that we can then book seats or have we shot ourselves in the foot?
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
We are booked on an Air France/Virgin code share. We've already booked our seats on Virgins website for the way out, however, they haven't released the return date yet. Our return is showing on the Air France website but is on a Virgin plane. Their website states we will not be able to book seats until check in
Does anybody know if (once our return date goes live) our return flight will appear on Virgin's website so that we can then book seats or have we shot ourselves in the foot?
Anyone?
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I have booked the same and am awaiting the return flight to show so at the moment it’s anyones guess. There have been a few teething issues with this new code share, including ecom light being upgraded to classic, letting me book seats outward then that option disappearing, so who knows what will happen!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I too booked AF codeshares on Virgin (in Upper Class). Logged onto Manage My Booking on VS with the AF booking reference - it let me in, and briefly displayed the underlying VS booking reference. Write it down quick!

If I stayed logged into VS on the AF booking reference, it directed me to AF to select seats / meals etc (which is correct, as the flight is ticketed by AF).

Logout then log back in with the VS booking ref that flashed up quickly and it looks like a normal VS Upper Class booking. The only notable difference is it says the baggage allowance is two pieces, when Upper is normally three. Probably just IT glitches!
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
I too booked AF codeshares on Virgin (in Upper Class). Logged onto Manage My Booking on VS with the AF booking reference - it let me in, and briefly displayed the underlying VS booking reference. Write it down quick!

If I stayed logged into VS on the AF booking reference, it directed me to AF to select seats / meals etc (which is correct, as the flight is ticketed by AF).

Logout then log back in with the VS booking ref that flashed up quickly and it looks like a normal VS Upper Class booking. The only notable difference is it says the baggage allowance is two pieces, when Upper is normally three. Probably just IT glitches!
Interesting! Our return flights aren't showing on Virgin yet but they've not released the date themselves so maybe once they have, it will be worth a look (with pen and paper to hand! )
Old 18 Mar 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Most code shares, if the flight us on another airline than the one you book through, for example BA but Aer Lingus plane, you gave to contact Aer Lingus to book seats
Same issue with online checking.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We have booked Delta flights several times and flown on Virgin Atl aircraft, whilst saving money on the Virgin price. The codeshare is partly down to Delta owning 49% of Virgin Atlantic. Around 24 hours after booking, we had a Virgin flight booking reference and then did subsequent business through Virgin Atl. On one occasion, at time of booking with Delta (I always try by phone in order to get a tiny bit extra), they allocated us seats, there and then. Check in was with Virgin Atl.

As of February this year, Air France took ownership of 31% of the former Virgin Holdings equity in the Airline, leaving Virgin holdings with just 20%. I would be surprised if they conducted their business any differently than Delta do.

Strangely and rather confusingly, our Delta codeshare buys were dealt with through Air France in their London Offices ( as apparently is all Delta business in Europe). Delta do the same for Air France in N America.

Hope it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:12 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List