Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Dec 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile Villages Nature experience

Who has stayed at Village Nature? We are on the verge of booking for Feb half term but haven’t really heard any reviews at all- what is your opinion? We would be driving anyway so not worried about that bit.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

We don’t don’t stay there but used the pool when the one st DCR was being refurbed. The pool was excellent - our children aged 11-4 at the time, all thoroughly enjoyed it. We used the little electric buses and they seemed quite frequent. We used the Vapiano which was much like all Vapianos! What I saw of the resort, I was impressed.
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

We did Villages Nature last Feb and had a good time. They were very newly opened so weren't prepared for the 2 feet of snow that came. We enjoyed it because we just relaxed - went swimming, played games etc but didn't go to Disneyland. It is not as good as other Centre Parcs I have been to and I feel it catered to families with young children ( we were all adults). The majority of the activities were cancelled/not on due to the weather - our segway tour was cancelled, the high ropes weren't running, archery and mini golf not running.

If you are just using it as a base for Disney then it is wonderful, but I would rather do a couple of nights at a Disney hotel then move to a proper centre parcs afterwards.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Following with interest as we go in May!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dummydaydream
Proud to wear my Ears

We went last May half term in a 2 bed Cocoon cottage, 2 adults and 2 tweens. We took the Eurotunnel and drove from Calais no problem. To break up the journey from the north west we stopped at Harry Potter studios and stayed close to the Tunnel the night before. As it was English school holidays there were a lot of English families, a few German and Dutch and a few French families with small children who were probably quite surprised to see loads of teenagers.

We got a great deal as we got an early booker reduction and a child 12 or under reduction so we got the top level lodge for less than we would have paid for the most basic lodge at English centerparcs.

Positives
- the aqualagon water park is fab with loads of areas for young children and faster rides for thrill seekers. There’s one that’s like a little cubicle and after a countdown the bottom drops away. Not for the faint hearted. There’s lots of water bits outside as well with loads of sun loungers, so great if you get good weather.

- there’s some lovely outside play areas to suit all ages, a farm, 2 areas to play boules and a giant chess set

-The supermarket is well stocked so you can totally self cater but it’s not the cheapest

- some activities are free. We did karaoke night which was good fun with lots of children taking part, there was a quiz night and free salsa sessions. As our 2 boys are older we didn’t do anything geared for very young kids,

Negatives
Not too many. The signage wasn’t great around the park, the floors of the changing rooms get manky very quickly so take crocs or similar. The choice of cafes and restaurants is very limited. You have to leave your cars in a car park assigned to your lodge and then carry your stuff to the accommodation so best bring pull cases or a trolley. A lot of the staff didn’t speak English, not a problem as I speak French. The payable activities seem quite pricey. The lodges cannot be locked from the inside so beware if you have small ones as you’ll have to block the door at night.

Extra
We went to Disney village one night for tea. We caught the bus from just outside the park. You can buy bus tickets in the visitor centre. It takes about 25 mins. Ask the bus driver to tell you the stop number for going back as the bus bit at Disney is hectic.

Overall we had a good time and would go back again for a good price. Any questions please ask.
Dummydaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

We went (2 adults and an almost 1-year-old) in July and, if it hadn't been for the awful customer service, I'd recommend it.

The pool is amazing and in July it was so much fun for our daughter who loved running about in the shallow water splashing. The farm was also great for small children. The supermarket was well stocked although really expensive so stop at the Auchan or Carrefour that are nearby before you arrive. We were spending the morning at Disney and then afternoons in the pool. It helped that the weather was glorious!

You can pull up to your apartment to unload your stuff on arrival day and there are lifts to the higher floors. I agree with the comment about no internal lock on the door. We were on the 3rd floor with a baby who had just discovered door handles

If we'd not have had a problem, it would have been a great stay but the complete lack of help or taking any responsibility for their error left a bad taste in our mouth.
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridag1rl
Apprentice Imagineer

My daughter is at Uni she has booked this resort with two friends for 4 nights in the middle of June, going on the Eurostar. Booked an apartment with free half board and two days of park tickets to Disneyland. It seems really good value. I am very interested in comments on this resort.
Old 12 Jan 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
clairemichelle
Imagineer

clairemichelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Also following this thread. We had planned to book sl for 4 of us, but do has just split from her boyfriend and wants to come too. 2 rooms at sl or 5 bed at Newport is silly money. Don't drive so Davy Crocket isn't an option.
This seems like a solution worth considering

clairemichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve never heard of a hotel room or lodge which you can’t lock from the inside - I would worry about security.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SaratogaSp2015
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdw-wanderer View Post
I’ve never heard of a hotel room or lodge which you can’t lock from the inside - I would worry about security.
You can't open it from the outside. Everyone has a magic band type thing that opens the doors but, you're right, anyone who has authorised access (cleaners etc) could theoretically come in at any time. For us it was the escaping issue. Mousekedoodle enjoys a good escape attempt and chase! We ended up putting the pram in front of the door.
SaratogaSp2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List