Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Jul 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Happyhaunt1000
slightly serious Dibber

Brett, Jo & Marceline's 'Forget Everything We Know' Adventure - Day 12: Marceline's First Big Bite

INDEX

After a restless night’s sleep, the alarm goes off at 6:45am. Last night (and for the past few nights really) I was dreaming that I was still wearing the baby carrier and couldn't turn over and lay on my front or I’d squash Marceline! I feel that that carrier has fused with my soul… it's now a part of me!

Marceline woke not long after me and Jo, but she wasn't quite right. She’s normally really happy in the morning, but she was lethargic, a little weepy and clearly still tired. After Jo fed her she went straight back to sleep and we decided there and then to change our plans for the day. We had a 9am ADR booked for Chef Mickey's, so Jo went on the the My Disney Experience app and changed the booking to later in the week.

We spent the next couple of hours just lazing around until about 10am when Marceline woke up again. She seemed better, but still wasn't herself. We zapped some frittatas and muffins in the microwave and while eating them decided that instead of going to a park, we’d go back to the Florida Mall and take a stroll around the half of the mall we’d not walked around yet.

With everyone dressed and ready, we walked over to bell services where we got a cab to the Florida Mall. Getting a cab actually proved more difficult that it should have been when the two male cast members didn't listen to Jo’s request to book a cab with a child seat, and just like at Publix a few days ago, kept getting cabs without baby seats! The third cab that came over from the Mears taxi rank did thankfully have a seat and we were on our way to the mall. En route, Marceline did a massive poop and Jo was having a mini freak-out because she could smell it in the taxi.

ME...STINK...NEVER!

When we arrived at the Mall the first thing we did (obviously) was change Marceline… and then it was shopping time. I went into Foot Locker but was out in a matter of minutes empty handed when I couldn't find anything I particularly liked. Then we went into Hot Topic where Jo found some Lilo & Stitch jewellery that was pretty cool and she bought a few items (much to Marceline’s joy). After mooching in and out of a few more stores, we finally hit our holiday honey-hole! Fox is a store I've bought things from in the past… but we've never shopped in there like we did on this day! Without turning this into a long winded story about buying clothes I’ll shorten it down by saying that the store was having a 50% off sale on pretty much everything. Our total shop should have cost $690 but we only ended up paying $370. For that I got two hoodies, a coat, two t-shirts and some shorts, while Jo got two coats, a couple of t-shirts and a pair of jogging bottoms. That may not sound like a huge amount of stuff for the price we paid… but Fox is quality gear, so it was a steal!

ONE OF JO’S NEW JACKETS

After our massive haul, it was time to head to the food court to fill our bellies. After eating at Taco Bell on our last visit to the mall, we decided to eat at another of our favourites… Charley’s Philly Steaks. I've not made a note of what we got Marceline to eat, but I know that I got a Philly Cheese Steak and Jo got a Chicken Philly. We also got some loaded fries, although I’m not sure why… I think we were just being greedy as the sandwich is more than filling enough on it's own!

Now up until this point in Marceline’s life, when Jo or I were eating we would break off a little piece, or cut off a tiny slice and hand it to her to eat. She’s not a fussy eater and has munched anything we've given her. Today, however, Marceline took it upon herself to change the way things happened. As Jo was eating her sub, Marceline grabbed her hand and pulled it towards her. She then proceeded to try and take a bite of Jo’s sandwich. I say bite… what I mean was she gummed it (as she had no teeth at this point) and managed to tear off a chunk! Admittedly when she pulled her mouth back, she had very little food in there… a tiny bit of lettuce, a small amount of bread and that was it. But even so… she’d realised that this was how mummy and daddy got food into their mouths and she wanted to mimic that.

OH MY GOD… THAT WAS LOVELY!

After letting her attempt it a few times with very little food making it into her mouth we tore off a little bit so she could feed herself. She was fine munching down the food we’d given her, but as soon as it was gone she was back to trying to take her own bites.

With lunch finished and Marceline having gained some new eating skills we carried on round the remainder of the Mall. We went into Think Geek where be we managed to get Marceline a little Stitch figure… it was in a blind bag but after Jo and I feeling the bags, we could tell the one we had in our hands was Stitch due to the ears! We also bought her a ‘Mr Poopybutthole’ cuddly toy which she loved and was holding onto around the shop. (For those not in the know, Mr Poopybutthole is a character from the hilarious cartoon, Rick and Morty.) The toy is clearly not aimed at kids, but Marceline doesn't know any better… she just sees a yellow stick man and wants to hold him and give him cuddles. At the cash desk the woman serving us burst into laughter when she saw what Marceline was cuddling. “Wow… someone really likes Mr Poopybutthole!” she said as she leant forward and scanned the barcode on the toy.

From there we went into Baby Gap (where Jo said that everything on sale was exactly the same, and more importantly the same price, as we could get back home) and then into Macy’s where the kids section of clothes looked like a jumble sale… with rows and rows of kids clothes just crammed onto racks and tables. It looked like a pikey jumble sale, so we quickly did an about turn and left the store.

That was us… we were done. Well, I say that, we weren't actually finished. We did go back into two shops we’d been to when we were last here. In Champs we picked up a few more packs of sports socks (we’d started wearing them round the parks and realised how comfortable they were so bought a few more pairs). And then in Aeropostale I grabbed a few more polo shirts and Jo got some more leggings. This was a much more successful shop than last time (no small thanks to the amazing sale that Fox were having) and thankfully there was a cab sitting outside with a child seat so we didn't have yet another ‘child seat’ fiasco.

By 3pm we were back in the hotel room and decided that we should try and have an afternoon nap before deciding what to do this evening. I managed to fall asleep quite easily, so did Marceline… but not Jo. I slept till around 4:15 and woke to find Jo still awake and Marceline still asleep. Jo said she was tired, but not sleepy. Around an hour later Marceline woke and was in a similar mood to how she was this morning. A bit lethargic and just not her normally smiley self, and, just like earlier, she perked up a bit the longer she was awake. Seeing as she wasn't actually ill, we decided to head to the parks for a bit and just play it by ear. If she was unwell or getting ratty we’d come home. If she was fine, we’d stay out.

With a plan now kind of in place we started getting ready. We said we’d head to MK first and take it from there. At 6:20 we were leaving the room, and by 7pm we were walking into MK. We decided to head round to Tomorrowland and go on the TTA, but were disappointed to see that it was currently down.

Jo was feeling a little peckish so got herself a Cream Cheese pretzel from the Lunching Pad, while I had a Bacon and Cheese stuffed pretzel. It wasn't as good as I’d hoped it would be, but it filled a little gap and we continued on round the park. As usual, both Jo and Marceline seemed to love the Cream Cheese pretzel!

We hadn't been on the Teacups yet, and seeing as it was a literal walk on, we did just that and found a cup (not difficult when there were only five other people on the whole attraction) and went for a spin. We didn't go too crazy with the spinning… but we did give it a little bit of a spin and Marceline wasn't freaking out, so that must've meant she thought it was ok.

While we were sat in the teacup waiting for the attraction to start, we’d spotted a Photopass photographer off to one side of the attraction taking pictures with the teacups spinning in the background. Knowing the effect he was trying to create, and how cool we thought it would look, we walked round to where he was and got in line behind a few other couples. Because he had to time it right, you were basically waiting until the attraction started and then he was taking a few pictures and as quickly as possible, then if he had time, getting another family to quickly pose before the ride came to an end.

When it was our turn the attraction was just loading up, so we got ourselves in position and waited. The ride started up, and the photographer is lining everything up… “ok, get ready… everybody smile” he says. And then, just as he’s taking the shot, and mother and her daughter walked in between us and the photographer. “HEEEEEEEY” I shouted as the woman (oblivious to what she’s just done) carries on walking slowly past. Quickly, we regain our composure and he snaps a few more pictures before any other photobombing wombles walk through our shot. I've decided to include that picture of when the woman walked through the shot… and as you can clearly see… we’re not happy!

HEEEEEEEEY! #PHOTOBOMBWOMBLE

As we're walking through Fantasyland we can see that there is little to no queue for Prince Charming's Royal Carousel. It's not a ride we do very often, if at all. In fact… now I think about it, I believe that our 2013 wedding trip was our first and only go on this attraction. Now, with there literally only being about ten people in front of us in line I thought it would be a simple process of going through the gate and mounting a horse. But it wasn't … because the people in front of us are complete and utter imbeciles. They firstly couldn't make their minds up to go left or right once they got through the gate… so instead stood there while they had a mothers meeting about it. Then, once the decision was made to go right, half of the group went left (just as Jo and I were going left to try and put as much distance between us as possible), which meant that we had to stop dead in our tracks as all the people going right now realised the others were going left and were trying to catch up with the rest of their party! JUST GET ON THE DAMN CAROUSEL YOU ****WOMBLES!

Once these buffoons were finally past us, again they were taking a ridiculous amount of time to choose a horse to get on. We just stopped where we were and just got on the first two horses we saw. They weren't the most comfortable of horses and Jo seemed to be extra uncomfortable on hers with Marceline in front of her. The indecisive clan were still faffing about and not getting on any of the horses until a CM came by and told them to ‘please’ just get on any horse. Unfortunately for mine and Jo’s poor eyes, the horses they chose were right in front of us. Oh my days, the sight of two underdressed women clambering to get their their legs over a couple of carousel horses is still burnt into my retinas!

The ride itself was over quickly and we both said we wished we hadn't have bothered as Marceline seemed suitably unimpressed by it all, and the experience of actually trying to get on the attraction hadn’t been worth the aggravation. We got off as quickly as possible as neither of us wanted to see the two women in front disembark their horses!

Our next and final stop in the park was Haunted Mansion which was a walk on. I'm really pleased that Marceline isn’t frightened by this attraction in any way shape or form. She’s gonna be riding it a lot with her mummy and daddy in the future, so it's good that she’s showing no fear at this early age.

For some, this would be the end of the day, and would now be heading back to their hotel room for some much needed rest. But that's not how Team Harding rolls… even with a 9 month in tow! For us it's time to make our way to the Express Transportation area and onto a bus to Epcot! Tonight is Extra Magic Hours over there and it's open ‘til 11pm. When we get to the ET desk we’re led round to the waiting bus, and are also told they’re having some power issues over at Epcot, so some of the attractions are down. This doesn’t bother us really, as we’re not planning on doing anything in particular. There are probably about 15 people already on board the bus, which is the most we’ve seen over the whole holiday… and they're all watching the fireworks which have just started going off, from inside the bus.

A few minutes later we’re on the move and 20 minutes later we’re all walking into Epcot with a beautifully lit Spaceship Earth looming above us. We’re feeling a little thirsty and decide to use another of our snack credits grabbing a drink at Starbucks. I ask you… is there a better use of a snack credit than picking your favourite beverage in Venti size? I've gotta say no, there isn't! But feel free to tell us your favourites and maybe we’ll try them out during our November trip!

On our way to Starbucks, we see a huge queue of people waiting at Guest Relations. I can only imagine those people were queuing up to have a moan about how the power cut and not being able to ride Journey into Imagination had spoiled their entire holiday... and they’d now like a complete refund!

CAN I HAVE A TASTE PLEASE DADDY?

When we get to Starbucks Jo goes with a cookies and cream thing, while I choose a strawberries and cream concoction. With drinks purchased we walk into Mouse Gear to purchase a few last minute toys for Marceline. As we’re coming towards the end of the trip, it's now time to buy those items we've walked around for two weeks saying ‘ooh we should buy this’!
Tonight, those items include:
A pirate Stitch cuddly toy
A Hank the Septopus cuddly toy
A Figment cuddly toy
We, of course, get this all sent back to the resort and we head out of the store empty handed but a few dollars lighter in the pocket!

Jo says that she needs to feed Marceline so we walk round to the Baby Care Centre and arrive there just as Illuminations is starting, and just as that initial screeching firework is sent up into the sky. Less than a second after it explodes into a shower of colour in the sky there's a big bang and Marceline does not like it in the slightest… so much so that she starts to cry! Jo quickly whisks her off into the BCC and I stay outside taking photos and video footage of the fireworks. She’s in there for quite a while and when she finally emerges the fireworks are over and everyone’s happy.

MY VIEW OF ILLUMINATIONS

It's now time to take a slow nighttime walk around World Showcase. Problem is, for about the hundredth time this holiday, we’re walking against the flow as everyone that was watching Illuminations is now making their way to the park exit. In the daytime, walking against the flow is just annoying... but of a nighttime it's actually quite dangerous as the walkways aren't exactly lit well. Everyone seems to be talking with members of their group and not looking the way they're walking either… leads to a couple of incidents where people almost trip over the buggy and fall onto Marceline. I’m biting my tongue and don't swear at these people… but I do raise my voice and sternly tell them to look where they’re going. We've even pulled over as close to to the lagoon railings as we can so we can shield Marceline with the fence one side and Jo the other… but still there are idiots who get in the way.

PHOTOBOMBING JO

There's no real reason for us being in WS other than to take some nighttime pictures of the pavilions. As we wander round (now the crowds have thinned out considerably) we stop and get some Sushi at Katsura Grill, but we’re in there for no more than 10 minutes as Jo and I gobble it down like a couple of geese. We also stop at the France Pavilion and get another one of those cheese and bacon roules we’d had earlier in the trip. We also get some quiche to have when we get back, as it looks delicious.

THEY DON'T LOOK THAT APPEALING BUT THEY WERE DELICIOUS

It's time for us to leave for the night and as we come to the end of World Showcase, we see that the ‘paint by numbers’ mural that we had a hand in doing was now complete. I wonder what they’ll do with it now it's done... I'd love to own something like this!

WE DID THIS! WELL… SOME OF IT

We’re just walking underneath Spaceship Earth when we notice that it’s still open... and it's a literal walk on! It's too tempting so we head up the ramp and onto the attraction.

When we get off 15 minutes later, we exit the park and walk to the SSR bus stop and a few minutes later a bus arrives. I get a seat in between two guys… one who smells like he’s been enjoying a curry, and the other who smells like he’s taken a bath in Giorgio Armani’s Acqua Di Gio. It's quite overwhelming! Marceline nods off and keeps kicking her leg out in her sleep. As it's dark I don't notice she’s actually resting her foot on Mr Di Gio…and it's only when we get to the first stop at SSR and the lights come on and blind us all, that I notice and apologise!

We’re back in the room at 11:15 and not long after we put Marceline down for the night. Apart from this morning, she’s been fine all day. But now she’s restless again and won't settle down. She’s a little snotty and sounds like she could be coming down with a cold. She eventually goes to sleep (on our bed) and Jo and I end up staying up till gone 1am! We decide that it would probably be in our best interests to cancel the ADR we have booked for the following day and just play it by ear again. We scoop Marceline up and pop her into the travel cot, then fall into bed ourselves… and even though I fall asleep relatively easily, I wake up again at 2am… once again dreaming that I'm still wearing the baby carrier and that Marceline is on my chest! #groundhogday

And that my friends is Day 12 done. One mall, some great bargains and two parks. Not bad if I do say so myself. We hope (as always) that you've enjoyed this day and hope you’ll come back for Day 13 for more fun in the parks where Team Harding is treated to a special performance... just for them!

I love you byeeeeeeeeeee xxx
Happyhaunt1000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Gosh such a busy day!

Marceline did so well to last until late in the evening.

Thanks for sharing x
Old 7 Jul 17, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

I think it's great how adaptable your being with your plans.well done on the bargains x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Marceline did so well if she wasn't feeling 100%! Another great day Hardings, thanks for sharing x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Another great day, poor Marceline. Why is it so dark at Epcot at night?
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lindyT
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done! Great day. The pic of you all in your "Ear" hoodies gets my vote for the best ever! I'm def. going to "encourage" my 5 Grandaughters to let me buy them one shortly! Thank you, really enjoying keeping up with your trippies! Linda.
lindyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Gorgeous pictures of Epcot at night.

I can't believe that line at Guest Relations, just sad. Yes, your evening has been soured by a power cut, is it going to get any better wasting more time in that line!? Just get over it, you're in Disney!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Another lovely day! Impressive stamina from all of Team harding.
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Hope she was ok

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Good job Team Harding...teak the plans to suit the mood... best thing you can do!

Loving this report, so different to the others but brilliant all the same

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List