Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Jun 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kirstya1973 View Post
I've just paid my balance as I am still hoping to go in September. If we get nearer and that is not the case, I will change the dates to May/June next year and the tickets will still be valid.
Now this is something that I hadn’t considered as I have received the email and i got from it that it was if we intended to still go this year - which obviously at the present time no one can say for sure. My concern was if we say yes and then pay for the tickets and then can’t go - travel restrictions - then what happens? I didn’t know tickets were valid for a year I thought we told them when we were going.
Ellelledee is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m really shocked at Disney to be honest, I’m not holding my breath for any further announcements with any incentives regarding the dining plan to be honest either. I’m hoping that following an announcement about the dining plan I can at least cancel without being charged a £50 PP fee!
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Orlando Attraction Tickets now stating the same information on their Facebook page.

Not sure how to play this one. We have Disney/Universal combo tickets booked with them on deposit. Balance wasn't due until August.

We're probably going to reschedule our September trip to May or June next year, however 2021 tickets are currently nearly £100pp more expensive than what we've paid.

Do we pay the balance now to secure our 2020 price with the option of using the tickets next year? The risk is not knowing what the situation will be next year and whether we can/would want to go depending on restrictions and being stuck with tickets.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

In the same boat here but booked with AttractionTickets.com. No email here and no update on their website - but from what I'm hearing we should have an opportunity to pay balance this week, secure the tickets and then potentially until Sept 21 to use them?
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
they you lose. simple. Pay by the specified date or don't go. Like I said Disney are really clamping down on capacity levels. This is just another way. They are actively discouraging guests and putting in restrictions and policies in order for guests to self cancel.

They really don't care about internationals who have just paid a deposit for a trip in November and who don't have the money for the balance right now.
So who keeps the deposit then? Travel/ticket agent. That was the point I was trying to make
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Mobile

We are due go in October. If we can’t go this October it will have to be October next year, so a ticket that is only valid until September next year is no good to me!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
taleasoldastime
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
We are due go in October. If we can’t go this October it will have to be October next year, so a ticket that is only valid until September next year is no good to me!
Yes this is my problem also. Thought we would have till August when final payment due to decide!
taleasoldastime is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Have had an email from AttractionTickets now:

Dear Liam,

We wanted to get in touch about an important update from Walt Disney World regarding your booking.

As you may already know, the Disney Parks in Florida are due to start a phased re-opening from the 11th July which, as well as being great news for guests visiting this year, comes with some new processes that we need to share with you today.

Theme park capacity will be significantly limited as Disney welcomes guests back to the magic. Consequently, attendance will be managed through a new theme park reservation system (due to go live in the coming weeks). To gain entry to a Walt Disney World Theme Park, both a valid theme park admission ticket AND a date-specific theme park reservation are required.

In order to reserve a date, guests must have a ticket issued to them.

Important: What this means for you

We understand that there is still a lot of uncertainty around holidays in 2020 but we need to inform you of Disney’s latest ticket update:

• If you are still planning to visit Walt Disney World in 2020:
You must pay the balance on your booking by the 7th June so we can issue your tickets in time to make your reservations. If you decide you want to pay your balance by 7th June and receive your 2020 tickets but then find that your 2020 holiday is subsequently cancelled, your ticket will be valid until 16 September 2021.

Alternatively, if you decide to cancel, we will cap cancellation fees at £25pp which can be used as a credit note towards future bookings. All remaining money will be refunded to you. Tickets will be dispatched within 72 hours of you making payment.

Once you receive the tickets, link them immediately on MyDisneyExperience. Disney will then keep you informed directly about when the calendar will open and park availability. When the availability opens, it will do so for the whole of 2020.

To pay your balance, please log in to your customer account or contact us and we will guide you through the process.

• If you are planning on changing your visit to 2021:
To retain the 2020 prices in your booking, you must pay the balance on your booking by the 7th June and the 2020 tickets will be valid until 16th September 2021. Tickets will be dispatched within 72 hours of you making payment.

Alternatively, you do not need to decide now, but if you would like to change to 2021 tickets after the 7th June, you will need to get in touch with us and new prices will apply.

• If you are unable to commit to travelling in 2020 or 2021:
We can convert your deposit (£25pp) into a credit note towards any of the other attractions we sell on AttractionTickets.com. Any funds paid to us above £25pp can be refunded upon your instruction.

To convert your deposit to a credit note, please email us here.

We realise this is a difficult decision to make but unfortunately Disney will not be validating any tickets not issued by the 10th June so that they can more accurately manage capacity and guest experience. In order for us to process your ticket and get it to you in time, we must take payment from you by the 7th June.

In order to help you make this decision, here is some more information on the phased re-opening experience:

VIEW BLOG

Universal and SeaWorld tickets are not currently using a reservation system but please refer to this page on our website for the current guidance on social distancing at those attractions. We will keep this page updated with the latest information.

We will continue to update you if the advice from Disney changes.

With best wishes,
AttractionTickets.com
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Us too. I’m not paying another £1100 on tickets we may not use. Like you Oct 2021 would be the earliest we could go. I’m afraid this is the final nail in the coffin as far as Disney 2020 is for me.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
Now this is something that I hadn’t considered as I have received the email and i got from it that it was if we intended to still go this year - which obviously at the present time no one can say for sure. My concern was if we say yes and then pay for the tickets and then can’t go - travel restrictions - then what happens? I didn’t know tickets were valid for a year I thought we told them when we were going.
Usually they would be only valid for your dates, but Disney has changed it so tickets already paid for can be used through to end of Sept 2021 as they are about to stop all new sales for 2020 due to the severe capacity restrictions, and prior to te new reservation system going live before they reopen

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List